Concede Vote

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by pixelized, Nov 8, 2009.

1. pixelized

pixelized Member

Similar to kick commander vote. If one team is getting severely dominated and the other team is intentionally delaying the game to pad their scores the team can call a concede vote and end the round if vote is confirmed as yes by greater than or equal to 50 percent of the team.

2. Demented

Demented Member

It's called voting out the commander, hopping in, and doing loop-the-loops around an ML turret farm.

3. pixelized

pixelized Member

Only problem with that is you might get banned by an admin for griefing.

4. Demented

Demented Member

And what, you won't be able to play empires on a server where one team is routinely severely dominated?

5. willvette

willvette Member

I agree with pixelized, but I would change the required value to 2/3 or 3/4 of the team, also make so that it can not be used during the first 10 minutes of a round, so it's not used to skip a map.

ALT: have the server admins decide on the required value (1/2, 2/3, or 3/4) and the time (5, 10, or 15 minutes)

6. Empty

Empty Member

Coz the last thing we want is players to skip a map they all really hate.

7. willvette

willvette Member

if you think about it, it makes cents.
    !! WARING MATH !!
    OK, if half the people on a sever is on one team and using pixelized 1/2 of the team to Concede that's just over 1/4 of the people on the server to change the map, even less if the server is split into thirds (NF, BE, and Spec.).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  8. Demented

Demented Member

Have Yes, No, and Abstain votes.
    If Yes outnumbers No, the yeas have it.

9. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

If it's gonna be like those sourcemod voting systems, abstain should be 1 so people who just mash 1 won't fuck the vote over.

10. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

pixelized:
    So you want rock the vote but only with the members of one side?

11. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

yes I agree. Play lose/win music too.

12. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

Change the game so that you can make a comeback and win from any position or that once you get to a bad stage like that, defeat is swift. Do that before you implement this.

13. Varbles

Everyone knows thats going to be argued to death on the forums and in the end no matter what changes are made people will still complain about this. Not that its not important but a concede button has been needed for a long time and I hope there is one in 2.25

14. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

I'm sick of having to watch out for admins who might ban me for suiciding the command vehicle when the round has been lost, the game is not fun (anymore) at that point.

add some kind of cool animation that destroys the command vehicle if the concede vote succeeds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eTIE4BmXg8

15. Sonecha

Sonecha Member

It is not up for you to decide if a round is lost or not fun anymore.
    If there's going to be a concede vote, it is going to needs a lot more than 50 % of the teams votes.

16. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

If I'm commander and the team is in a hopeless situation, then I just ask the team if I should go for suicide.

But I can't remember that this was ever necessary in the last months.

Can someone post an example?

17. Varbles

we were playing a round of canyon, only cause we didnt get enough votes to rtv
    It was 15v15 and zachtos was comming nf, some bsid or cw on BE

nf had been desperately losing the whole game and it wasnt long before nf was cornered onto their hill. Anyway the tanks on BE were retarded and even when they had er meds they wouldnt take down the barracks, when they got their act together and started shooting at the barracks, zachtos kept running around building new ones. The game dragged out a whole hour after nf got cornered even when be got heavies and arty.

18. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

You shouldn't have a game where this is required, this is sticking a plaster over a fundamental game problem and a routine concession vote is not going to make the game any better.

19. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

I agree that it's pragmatic. It is at times needed.

but it would certainly take away a lot from the mod. What about when you're enjoying an epic last stand, only for half of your team to move onto the next map? Or even if such a vote is passed just as the team gets a ninja rax or starts to push out. In fact, how on earth will you get epic comebacks if people quit as soon as they're on the slippery slope towards defeat.

similarly, being on the winning team, having what you think is a fair or decent battle where you made a good push and now the enemy team is on the back foot... how does it feel to suddenly have the game end and move to the next map?

20. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Varbles:
    It seems that BE players (at least the clan members) were fooling around. If NF had only one base on the hill BE should have all the other refineries. And then it shouldn't take one hour until BE got arty or nukes.

Chris0132':
    Even the best game of the world becomes shit, when most of the players play like shit, because they can't or won't play better.

But for everyone, who wants to discuss the fundamental game problems please go to this thread:
    http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=11125

Sandbag:
    I totally agree. When your team was fighting hard and managed to push back the enemy to one last bastion you should have the fun to nuke/arty them down.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009