Computer rig/s and setups

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PHASER8, Jun 10, 2006.

1. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

Simple, post some pics of your 1337 machines ( even if you regard that Dell or HP or even Compaq as 1337 )
    And or post pics of your room in which your beast resides....

[​IMG]

Blue rig is my beast, green machine is my game server and the gutted compaq to the bottom right is my FTP server.
    I got a dual monitor setup for those tedious mapping tasks where I need to be able to view pr0n while I fap....err map XD ( Viva la furries )

[​IMG]
    Thats a 120mm fan on that heatsink

[​IMG]
    Its been a year since I bought it, fans and CC tubes are no longer bright

[​IMG]
    Comparison in size to my 19" CRT ( I was going to get a massive server case that was 26" high but I dont think my cheap particle board desk would like something that heavy sitting on it )

2. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

Oh and heres something to laugh at:
    [​IMG]

Thats in celcius....
    Was my ATI video card in idle on windows desktop after boot...apparently either the heatsink broke or the chipset got fucked up because in the end I had to get it replaced.

( Second post cause theres a 4 img limit..grr )

3. Chahk

Chahk Member

This is my setup. The PC on the left is trash, btw.

[​IMG]

And here's the closeup to the actual CPU:

[​IMG]

4. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

Nice case but you got some WM issues to take care of for airflow concern ;)

5. Half-Life_Maniac

Half-Life_Maniac Member

6. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

What specs you guys got?

Mine:
    AMD Athlon 64 3200 ( with a Thermalright XP-120 heatsink and 120mm SUNON fan )
    Muskin DDR400, two 512MB sticks
    ATI 9800 pro
    Asus A8V deluxe mobo
    WD 200GB S-ATA
    WD 80GB IDE
    WD 60GB IDE
    OCZ modstream 520W PSU
    Plextor 712-SA ( or its 716-SA..forgot) ( Mutli burner ) (SATA)
    Lite-on CDR burner (IDE)

7. Jimather

Jimather Member

ha my rig Pwnz you noobz0rzzz

[​IMG]

8. Chahk

Chahk Member

omg!1! /werenotworthy

It only looks bad from that angle. Most of the wires are close to the front of the case where the HDs live. The important areas (CPU/heatsink, vid card) aren't obstructed at all. Besides, I just keep the case open all the time :) It's a little noisy, but I never have to worry about air circulaton.

This rig is a little over one year old:
    ASUS A8V Deluxe (VIA K8T800 Pro) Socket 939 motherboard,
    AMD Athlon64 3500+ (Newcastle core) CPU (not overclocked),
    some giant heatsink/fan I bought in CompUSA after the stock one died,
    2GB OCZ DDR 400 (PC3200) SDRAM (2x 1gb sticks),
    ARI Radeon 9800XT 256MB DDR AGP 8X video card (with HL2 coupon :) ),
    Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Gamer LE sound card,
    2x 80GB EIDE 7200rpm WesternDigital hard drives,
    NEC 16x DVD+/-R and CD-RW burner,
    All in the Thermaltake Xaser-III silver case.

9. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

Bwahahaha Chahk, your system is just the same as mine if not better!
    You get the same VIA chipset / ATI video card issues like everyone else?

10. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Hoookay. Got all the images resized and hosted. And awayyy weee go!

Meh room. Note the Kung-Fu Hamster on the far edge of my desk and the videocard that I roasted while playing Empires on top of the two videocard boxes next to the television (I still blame the devs for this). Also, that giant fan is not for cooling my computer (anymore).

Blurry! But that's okay, nothing interesting to see on this side of the room anyway. Those yellow things hanging off of my thermostat are awards of excellence or some crap from my High School. One for computer graphics, one for art, and one for sociology (yeah, I'm still confused by that one too).

My rig! Love my case, plan to keep using it until I die. No plastic in that baby. The flash kinda killed the glow effect of the power lights behind the monolith.

Another of my case, because my case is teh seckzy. And, apparently, teh dusty. It's the "Wave Master" by Cooler Master, and it's a lot lighter than it looks.

The guts. Seriously, look how much space my BFG Tech GeForce 7900 GTX OC SLI setup takes. You can barely make out my soundcard betwixt them. Check out the major heat piping on the CPU heatsink, too. And although you can't see them, there are two fans in the lower front of the case sucking air in through a grill hidden by the monolith.

And since the flash killed it, here's an image showing the pwn usage LEDs on my RAM, as well as the glow put off by the power supply (although, the power supply isn't supposed to be glowing blue... I should probably look into that).

Pippin likes to crawl into the space below our coffee table. It's even funnier when he conks out under there.

A low angle shot of my desk so that you can see the subwoofer I have under there. I have yet to damage it by accidentally kicking it.

A better shot of my desk. Chexxor the little Combine box I crafted in my crappy High School art class. My keyboard has blue backlighting, but the flash killed the effect. It's also much more sturdy than you would expect. ...And I swear, that copy of Halo isn't mine. Well, it is mine, but it came with my soundcard! Honest! The only reason I even have it out is because one of my brother's friends wanted to play it online! Really!

This is my server. Seriously.

In this one, you can see the router underneath it. Yes, it is connected directly into it. And it has a habit of being dropped from the router if it's idle for a while. I really need to update the ethernet drivers.

The guts of Multiplayer Mayhem. Seriously. Stop demanding lag-free gameplay over eight or ten players. It's a 1.2 GHz CPU, and I'm not even sure what video card it has (but apparently it can barely even handle Halo with everything cranked down to minimum). Also, the PSU fan has started to make on and off rattling noises.

So I guess now I just need to post my specs. Here ya go:

Motherboard: ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE
    Processor: AMD64 FX-57, 2.8 GHz
    RAM: 1 gig (2x512) of DDR400 with neat little usage LEDs on them
    Hard drive: 400 gig dealie - can't remember the manufacturer, too lazy to check
    Video card(s): Dual BFG Tech GeForce 7900 GTX OCs in SLI, core clock at something like 600, 620 MHz
    Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Limited Edition (came with Jedi Academy, Splinter Cell, Tomb Raider, Rainbow Six: Raven Shield, and Halo!)
    Chassis: Cooler Master Wave Master

That pretty much covers it, I guess.

11. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

O.o
    Wow, just wow....
    Cute dog by the way ;)

12. Chahk

Chahk Member

None to speak of. What are these VIA/ATI issues anyways?

13. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

The worst thing you can have.
    The VIA chipset on the mainboard conflicts with the chipset/s on the video card causing all kinds of errors. Its one of the things I didnt find out until after I bought my 9800 pro and Asus A8V. Its talked about alot over at the VIA arena, searching 9800 pro chipset should return at least 10 pages of info ;)

14. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

My comp (When it was still an AMD and in my old house) as well as my dog:

[​IMG]

too bad it died, I'll get more pics later...

-Sheepe

15. Jn.

Jn. Member

Ohhhhh sheepe whose sexy legs are those :P

16. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

that's my mom... lol

-Sheepe

17. Jn.

Jn. Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

18. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Ooh. Tomorrow I will take pics of my ubar-machine Hp Pavillion. I got an ATI X700 in there though, a gig of ram, and a 3.2 Ghz Pentium 4. So it might not light up, but it can record in FRAPS at 1024x768 with about 20 FPS without crashing in Empires and that's all I really care about :)

19. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

This was my setup until April, I'm switching residences at Uni so I'll give you guys a pick when I get set up in sept.
    [​IMG]
    I'm not one for fancy lights or crap, I've got a nice black gray theme going on, don't want to mess it up.

It's not the l33test system
    AMD 2400+ CPU
    1 gig Kingston RAM
    80 gig Samsung HD
    ATI X800xt GPU
    ASUS mobo (I forget what model though)
    some fans scattered throughout.

cheers