Complete-ish List of Script Changes

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Demented, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Demented

Demented Member

A complete list of balance changes:

If you spot any errors, and important missing value, or think there's an error, feel free to point it out. (I may have skimmed over the armor and engine sections, as well as building resistances. There's just so much repetitive data, and few obvious changes... There are also many things that I ignore, such as the health that vehicles gain from the repair facility. It should be all the same anyway.)

Vehicles
    • Mark IIs are commented out.
    • SkidFriction sounds are altered and quieter.
    • BE Jeep front axle torquefactor is now 1.2. (Was 1.0.)
    • NF Jeep has a countertorquefactor of 0.75.
    • NF Jeep front axle torquefactor is now 1.4. Rear axle torquefactor is now 0.0. Wheel radius for both is 23. (Was 0.5, 0.5, and 24 respectively.)
    • Medium tank maximum weight increased by 40, both factions. (Was 1034, now 1074 on Imperial. Was 1052, now 1092 on Northern.)
    • Medium and artillery tanks now take 1/6 more damage from Infantry RPGs.
    • Heavy tanks now take 1/3 more damage from Infantry RPGs.
    • Commander vehicle has 2000 health. (Was 1600.)

Armors
    • Vehicle-specific armors can now exist, though default armors remain consistent across vehicles.
    • Resistances now apply for armor (apparently).
    • Plain health dropped to 30. (Was 43.3.)
    • Composite health dropped to 80. (Was 96.)
    • Reactive health dropped to 70. (Was 84.)
    • Reflective health dropped to 60. (Was 75.)
    • Regenerative health dropped to 75. (Was 93.75.)
    • Absorbant health dropped to 55. (Was 66.5.)
    • Regenerative regeneration rate raised to 4.5%. (Was 3.2%.)
    • Comm armor health is now 250!! (Was 90. But not used?)

Engines
    • Heat capacity is now determined per engine, apparently. Remains 100 for all.
    • 3-Phase APC engine now has a Shift Up RPM of 3000, Shift Down RPM of 1500, and horsepower of 5000. (Was 600, 300, and 1050, respectively.)
    • Gas Turbine Heavy Tank engine now has a max speed of 36. (Was 32.)
    • New Commander engines added.
    • Standard engine is now 5 cooling on all vehicles. (Was 6 or 4, depending on chassis.)
    • Except on APCs, where it's 4. (FFFFFF—Haha.)

Weapons
    • Standard machine spread is now 0.2. (Was 0.012. Lower is better.)
    • Bio MG now does 90 bio damage over 15 seconds. (Was 80 bio damage over 20 seconds.)
    • High Explosive MG now does 15 damage. (Was 20.)
    • Standard Cannon now has an inertia factor of 2. (Was 1. )
    • There is no Improved Standard Cannon.
    • Ranged Cannon does 70 damage, has a cycle time of 1.5, and a radius of 150. (Was 95, 2.0, and 200 respectively.)
    • High Explosive Cannon does 75 damage. (Was 95.)
    • Plasma Cannon now does 30 damage, has a speed of 2700, a gravity of 0.425, cycle time of 1.5, 20 heat to victims, and a radius of 300. (Was 90, 3100, 0.4, 2.0, 17, and 100 respectively.)
    • Guided and Homing Missile Launchers (and Upgraded varieties) have drastically increased turning ability.
    • Homing Missile Launcher now has a lock time of 1 and a lock range modifier of 0.000300. (Was 0.5 and 0.000805, respectively.)
    • Upgraded Homing Missile Launcher now has a lock time of 1 and a lock range modifier of 0.000200. (Was 0.3 and 0.000805, respectively.)
    • Salvo Homing Missile Launcher now has a lock range modifier of 0.000400. (Was 0.000935.)

Buildings
    • Barracks now cost 200. (Was 400.)
    • All large buildings now have 87.5% resist to anti-vehicle bullets. (Was 85%.)
    • Walls now have 95% resist to mines. (Was 100%.)
    • Walls also have 50% resist to seismic grenades. (Was 0%.)

Infantry Resists
    • Rifleman now has 0 mortar resist. (Was 30%. Scout and Engineer retain theirs.)
    • Grenadier has 18% mortar resist. (Was 15%.)
    • Grenadier has 30% resist to General research tree damage. (Was 0%.)

Infantry Weapons
    • Stats are now in the scripts for grenades and the engineer tool.
    • Rifles generally had their accuracy decreased. Too many changes to list.
    • Rifleman has 160 max rifle ammo and 100 max 50cal ammo. (Was 150 and 90, respectively.)
    • Grenadier has 12 max missile ammo and 56 max pistol ammo. (Was 5 and 42, respectively.)
    • Spawning ammo is now determined by script, and no longer default to 33% rounded up.
    • Accuracy upgrade now reduces spread to 90%–about 11% more accurate–in the majority of weapons. Exceptions are the NF 50cal and the Machine pistol, which probably still remain at 75% (33% more accurate). (Was 0.75, normally. SMG1s were 0.88.)
    • Ironsights now reduce spread to 85%–about 17.5% more accurate–, while the scout rifle's scope reduces spread to 50%–about double the accuracy. (Was 75% for all.)
    • Rifles (besides scout) are slightly less accurate while standing, ducking, and prone, and may be less stable (rate at which the spread increases as firing continues).
    • BE AR now has a falloff factor of 2300 and clip size of 40. (Was 2000 and 35.)
    • NF AR now has a falloff factor of 1800. (Was 1900.)
    • BE CAR now has damage of 21, falloff factor of 2500, clip of 24, and a burst fire rate of 0.4 seconds. Its maximum spread is also slightly higher. (Was 22, 2000, 30, and 0.32 respectively.)
    • NF 50Cal now has a cycletime of 0.25, a falloff factor of 2400, and clip of 20. (Was 0.18, 2200, and 15 respectively.)
    • Both HMGs now have a falloff factor of 1000. (Was 1500.)
    • Both SMG1s now do 19 damage and have a falloff factor of 1500. (Was 17 and 1000 for BE, 18 and 100 for NF.)
    • NF SMG1 spread increments faster while standing and ducking.
    • Both SMG2s now have a falloff factor of 1400, and a clip of 35. They are also slightly more stable while ducking. (Was 800 and 40 respectively.)
    • SMG3 (yes, that SMG3) is less accurate while moving, and is less stable while standing and ducking. It appears this was an error on my end.
    • Both scout rifles now have a falloff factor of 5000, and minimum damage of 40. (Was 2500 and 15 respectively.)
    • Both pistols now do 20 damage, have a falloff factor of 1200, and a minimum damage of 8. (Was 17, 800, and 5 respectively.)
    • BE pistol2 (the old heavy/burst pistol) is included in the accuracy upgrade change. Its accuracy has also had minor improvements. Was somebody supposed to be changing the machinepistol instead? ;)
    • BE Pistol2 now does 19 damage, has a cycle time of 0.05, a falloff of 600, and fires in 3 round bursts. (Was 12, 0.066, and 300.) Its falloff base is also missing.

Research
    • Infantry RPG upgrades are gone. (Because RPGs do more damage against heavier chassis.)
    • Advanced Personnel deployment is gone. (Because APC spawns are enabled by default, of course.)

Additional
    • Refinery corpse disappears in 15 seconds. (Was 30.)
    • Fifth sound unlocked for NF engineer tool.
    • HUD Health is 2 pixels narrower. (Was 102.)
    • Advanced Machining's description is updated to reflect no longer containing Gas Turbine.
    • New soundscapes included by default.
    • A new vehicle, Imperial Transport, was added to the scripts. Not yet implemented?
    • There are now Aircraft engines.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  2. Empty

Empty Member

Wait there's SMG3s.
    Where?

3. Empty

Empty Member

No seriously what the fuck there's no SMG3.

You need to enable it by addin git to the class weapon selection manually, why'd you mention it if it's not used *facepalm*

4. Demented

Demented Member

Because it amused me that someone would change a script for a weapon that's not in the game.

In other news, command vehicles don't actually use the 250-hitpoint comm armor. Looks like it uses Plain. So they don't use that either.

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

somebody messed things up

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

All the weapons should be using the 0.90 accuracy upgrade modifier. I can't think why they wouldn't, I'm sure I entered it in every single one. I'll check later, thanks for the heads up on that. Also, no idea about why smg3 got touched. The machine pistol script does nothing, it was just a really old test script from pre-2.2.

It's a nice little list but, needs the prior values.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  7. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

This would be handy since I doubt anyone memorized the values of 2.24.

And I did in fact notice that using ironsight improves the accuracy,
    rifles feel more accurate when ducking and using ironsight than they did in 2.24,
    but they also feel less accurate when ducking and not using ironsight.

So is that the direction you want to take infantry fights? Away from Unreal/Quake style
    and towards counterstrike, but with rifles that are much weaker and don't slow
    people down, making running around like a lunatic while getting shot a useful tactic?

I'm not criticizing, just wondering if there's an actual philosophy behind the infantry
    weapon changes or if you're just shooting from the hip (pun).

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  8. Empty

Empty Member

Every patch we get closer and closer to hold crouch and mouse1pires.

9. Trickster

I just simply balance 2.24d weapon scripts. The NFAR for example is now LESS accurate in ironsights than it was before. NFAR/BEAR are now meant for more of what you said, lunatic run/gun quake stuff, BECAR/NFHR suit the more CSS player. Best of both worlds I guess.

10. Empty

Empty Member

lol no.
    try using them to run and gun in any situation.

11. Demented

Demented Member

Empires never struck me as a run and gun sort of game. With the spread most weapons have, it's only possible if you're five feet from your target. At the same time, it's pretty unsatisfying when you're close enough to glitch with your opponent's predicted and interpolated movement. Source is not kind.
    Double-checked and the SMG1s actually did have the 0.9 modifier, though it was hidden between the spread and kick values, instead of the usual spot at the end of the initial variables. The 50 and machinepistol are still missing it. (This might not matter if you could convince someone to make the default 0.9 instead of 0.75.)

The prior values... Well, that'd be time consuming. It's also a big list, and I'd be tempted to compare ratios. Maybe later. :p

12. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Demented:

Nice list. But can you also add the old values so that it's easier to compare?

13. Trickster

Download winmerge. I can't believe you did this manually, winmerge is seriously a god send.

I do, they're fine. I never really use the BECAR/NFHR, I've always been more of a UT player myself.

14. Empty

Empty Member

i highly doubt that since the guns are shit.

15. Demented

Demented Member

I'm still going to need to manually update my .xls sheets (I highlighted the changes as I updated them, so making this changelog was mostly incidental), but this should help immensely. Thanks.

Now I just need to install 2.24 to some backwater folder so that I can compare the scripts using winmerge.

Edit:
    OP is updated with the help of winmerge. Old values are now included, several changes I forgot to mention are included, some changes I missed are included, and other changes I couldn't bothered with are also included. (Anything really new is at the top of its corresponding list.) Apparently I had misrecorded the SMG3's values in my .xls sheet, and in fact it hadn't been changed in 2.25. Boo.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010