CommWarriors Clan is recuiting!

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Evan, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Yeah my bad

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

3. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Access denied
    You are not authorized to access this page.

wtf? lemme in

4. Opie

Opie Member

I was told you guys are the best clan. Can I try out to see if I am good enough to be in your clan?

5. Silk

Silk Mapper

Skills bla bla bla. I'm interested in other things mainly.
    Well let's put you through the first test:

You're playing with CW against an unimportant clan. We're losing on all fronts. Commander is yelling to get things done, but we keep losing. We've been playing for 45 minutes and control 1/3 of the map only because we're purely on defensive out of fear. We have 50 tickets left, the enemy 100.

It looks as if our lines are about to break ... again. We fail on all fronts.

What will you do ?

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Opie! Hi! Haven't seen you in years dude ^^

7. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Leave then clan and leave someone in charge who will create a huge divide in the clan and who will later go on to form another clan by cherry picking memebrs.

I can haz general noaw?

8. Opie

Opie Member

Tell your men to man up. Grow a pair. Games are not won defensively. 45 minutes into the game I assume we have armor and an engine. I would take a single engineer with me in an afv/tank and capture all uncapped refineries. Then I would come back to save the team simply by being an annoyance to other team. If the team has tanks, I ram their tanks and drive away/around them while they chase me. Seeing such bravery, a single soldier on the team feels his left one drop and after a moment of confusion and utter joy, decides to go grenadier and drop a mine. Several other players see the grenadier drop the round disk to the ground and are intrigued. They stare at the object for a second and an empires help message comes up, "This is a Mine, the other teams things blow up". Curious, they open the score page by hitting tab (after all, they all know how to hit TAB to see what team they should stack) to see what class this soldier has become. Now the team has 5 grenadiers total. At around the same time, I come running back to base calmly mentioning that now 23 of the 32 people on the other team are in their heavy tanks chasing me. While in base I slam on my hand brake, spin around 180 degrees to now face the oncoming armored division headed towards me. I quickly hit the gas to engage the enemies again. At this act, an additional 3 lefts and a single right one drop. This simple act alone causes a seismic wave that destroys one of the heavies chasing me (little known feature and they are now down to 99tickets). Now only 22 tanks are left chasing me, one person is waiting to respawn and one is comm. 8 additional people are infantrymen that are battling our 24 non-grenadier infantry. With a 8-24 ratio of their engineers/riflemen to our engineers/riflemen we are able to stop losing ground and hold on to our 1/3rd of the map (we still can not make up any ground).

Now that we have stopped our retreat I am going to assume that we have 4 refineries (1 from the one in base, and 3 that I and the engineer got earlier), 1 tank (I am driving with an engineer in 2nd), 22 tanks chasing me, 5 grenadiers in base, and 8 cahones (a total of 5 lefts, 2 rights and 1 middle). I calmly ask the grenadiers to lay their mines down in our main, they do so, and I drive through with their heavies on my tail. I go flying by in my AFV at 50mph and close behind are their heavies. The first 20 tank drivers all have defusal, but the 21st in the line was a scout and did not, killing all 20 tanks in front of him and the 1 behind. The scout however, anticipating his doom jumps out. Noticing this, the engineer in the 2nd seat feels an adjustment in his center of gravity shifting downwards, jumps out and shoots the hiding scout as he tries to sabotage our refinery. The Enemy team is now down to 77 tickets. The grenadiers awed at their own awesomeness and the comm having witnessed the simultaneous destruction of the 22 heavy tanks also feels more air resistance in his pants.

With 15 joybags, our team, comm included, is feeling manly, and decides to join the 24 infantrymen. We all gather in a circle and have a tea party discussing our next move. After changing my name back from Mrs.Cuddlington, and our team feeling full of engourged sacs of manliness we attack their 8 infantrymen. I shoot and shoot and while appearing to have done damage, I do not kill anyone. The rest of the team however is able to finish their 8 infantrymen with only one casualty. After a brief rememberance for the fallen (and an incident where we tell the soldier not to respawn, that an engineer will revive him, but he decides to respawn anyways), we regroup at main taking the one refinery on the way back.

It is now 69 tickets versus 49. There is a glimmer of hope, much brighter than before. This is when we are informed by the research message that artillery has been researched. Everyone gets jeeps. Their whole team now has heavy tanks, our team has 1 afv/lt and 29 jeeps. The server begins to lag a bit, their heavy tanks are unable to hit us, our jeeps secure themselves under their tanks. I take a second to imagine what their voice chat must sound like. "Shoot this noob from under me" "I can't you are blocking all my shots". The jeeps all drive into the water with their heavy tank shields on top of them, our riflemen with heavy rifles all mow down their engineers as they come out of the water. The three additional tanks that were not taken control of by jeeps chase me until they see the jeep/heavy hat sight and them themselves drive into the water after laughing too hard. They are now down to 37 tickets. Able to count, I discover that there were a total of 32 tanks, meaning,

1.) they have abadoned the comm
    2.) they likely do not have much resources left

I take my engineer buddy and go destroy their 3 remaining refineries not in their main base, and cap those resources. My team all runs back to base to get more vehicles. This time, the team gets artillery. Some of the tanks forget to put a gun on. Some of the tanks decide medium artilery was the best choice to use, but somehow we all make it to their base. At first we encounter problem with infantry. The infantry being too close to hit with a direct shot, pose a problems for the artillery. Two artillery tanks with drivers who know what to do, shoot upwards, slightly forward. The other artillery have problems. I type in team chat "OMG, friendly fire it on", miraculously the team find the encouragement to destroy the infantry near the other artilleries and not their own. Another 20 tickets have been wasted by the other team.

*The rest of my strategy is on next page*

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  9. Opie

Opie Member

*Post starts on previous page*

It is now 17 tickets versus 49 ticks. I try to control my team's enthusiam. We have not won yet. Wait, is that, it can't be??? 2 APCS? 2 loaded APCS rush our base. The artilleries, and me and my engi on my afv/lt run back home. The APCS are abandoned and our comm is being walled in. The artillery start spamming the comm with shells. I destroy both unoccupied APCs. Someone on their team trys to killspawn, but I destroyed the APCs before he could spawn. Luckily, the artillery is able to kill all infantry that nearly killed our comm.

It is now 49 tickets to 0. We are so close to winning. 5 people heal the comm. The comm is healed, I tell everyone to make heavy tanks, we have 500000 res by now. All 29 people but myself and my engi friend are creating loadouts... 29? But we have 32 people total. But the comm, I saw him get out, he is in the vehicle factory. The comm vehicle lurches forward. A chat messages reads "I'll just take this tank". I type over the chat system, "No, THATS NOT A TANK". People in the vf take their time since they can't read the chat in their loadout screens. I go chasing after our comm. Their base is full of turrets, and mines.

The guy who is in the comm gets out of the comm when he enters the base because "the turrets are shooting my tank". My afv/lt blows up after getting hit by a couple of turrets, my poor engi-friend dies. The comm driver dies. I dash to the comm and get in. Right about now, my whole team has tanks and is getting messages that the comm is under attack. "WTF Opie" "Why did you drive the comm into their base" "It is okay, he knows what is doing" "How to get ammoes?" I am able to free myself from their immediate base but they are able to place walls far outside their base now allowing me to leave. I am a rifleman, so I can't deconstruct the partially built walls so I just drive to stay alive. My team loses 47 additional tickets trying to free me and my team is back down to my original 3 marbles.

It is now 0-0, 1 minute until overtime. I am driving like a madman. Luckily I do have some room to move, all of their turrets were taken out by a scout, their vf was destroyed by one of our tanks and they are unable to place another. The seconds tick down. 1 second left, with no friends in sight, I rush at their comm dodging mortars and rpgs. I jump out of the comm, prime my sticky nade, it attaches to their comm. The server "crashes".

We all immediately rush to the forums to bash each other. It is obvious that I won the game, but no one on my team knows that, they just assumed that we would have lost. The other clan claims to have won, I claim I did. The other clan yells that the server that we played on should not have crashed therefore they win. Demos are looked at and it is decided that I would have won, my sticky would have probably went off before the rpg that was incoming would have hit me. The clan denies this, thinks that the rpg would have hit first. We strike first, call them nubtards. They strike back calling us Tardnubs. Trickster joins the chat, makes up some claimless falsehood. Half of people believe him automatically. For the next two weeks things go back and forth. Neutrals agree to not hold any more clan matches. A rematch is immediately suggested. I go on defending my clan. I join a server without my clan tag on. Six other people of above average skills join my team. 5 players from BSID join the other team. There are 11 people on my team, 9 on the other. I immediately yell OMG stacks. Two highly anti-BSID admins respond and kick the 5 BSID players (makes the teams 11 on 4, admins do nothing to correct that). The BSID members rejoin the game, hit auto-join. Lo and behold, they all join the same team again due to being autoteammed and get banned. I ignore my conscience. I join the next game and join the team with 6 people from my clan versus everyone else. No one complains.

I have a meeting with my clan and discuss what happened. We agree playing defensively was bad. Half the people who played in the match blame me for driving the comm, I tell them look at the demo, they refuse and continue to believe what they think is right. We discuss why we were playing defensively. We discuss why we started with 16 scouts. The guy who spawned when we could have revived him and the guy who drove the comm into their base are commended for their almost 1:1 K : D ratio. I am warned about not getting any kills in the whole match and for endangering the comm. No promotion is recommended. I am okay with this. Alternatively we could APC rush, I hear you start with APC spawn now.

;TLDR - I went scout

Do i pass the test?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  10. Zeke

Zeke Banned

[​IMG]

11. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wait you are serious? I like Opie, he pwnd me in Empires Ogame :)

12. Opie

Opie Member

To be fair, I pwned everyone in Ogame. I must admit, you were most fun. I would join Empires... Brutos, I am attacking you. 5 minutes later you return... No you are not. Then I attack.

13. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

fun times :)

14. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

I lol'd

15. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

O-Game. That was lulz. For reference I had more ships than everyone combined before I quit.

16. Silk

Silk Mapper

The site of Ogame just shows pictures of planets and windows in front of it ....

17. Opie

Opie Member

Yes, but did I pass the test?

18. Silk

Silk Mapper

If i didn't let you pass i'd be a hypocrit

19. Opie

Opie Member

I just went to your website and I see text about ball grabbing, exploding come and mountain jizz. You are making me reconsider joining.

20. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Aren't you still in BSID Opie?

And lol, yeah I never thought of it that way...although those are just irc excerpts.