Communication

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Evan, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I don't know if anybody has suggested this before, but I think it would be pretty cool if both voice and text chat had the option to send a message to your squad.

Text options:
    Allsay
    Teamsay
    Squadsay

VoiceChat options:
    Teamsay
    Squadsay

I think it would make squads more important... not just for the free skill upgrade

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

To me, it just seems like it doesnt help teamplay to all go to the same squad, the entire team

To me, teamwork is such a big part of any game. I hate games that don't use teamwork, and from what i have seen in the past, people don't ever squad in empires for teamwork, just the points

I agree with Evan, added communication would make it more team oriented.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  3. arklansman

arklansman Member

True, right now the more people you have in a squad the better off you are.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I would love a "local" sorta speak thing, where you could yell "INCOMMING!" or "COVERING FIREEEE!", and it actually meaning something, or even better comming actually out of the player so your teammates (and enemies :S) could hear it.

5. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I think having a teamsay AND a squadsay would allow people to yell "ninja inc!" to the whole team but keep crap about what they as a squad are doing to themselves. It frees up the airways AND at the same time encourages people to talk (in squads).

6. nebajoth

nebajoth Member

That's the best damned, most splendiferous, fracking GENIUS idea I have ever heard.

7. Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music)

Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music) Member

I want

all, form line
    1, 2, 3, stay alert
    8, cease fire
    3 o'clock, UAZ, 500
    7, attack UAZ
    1, 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 ,6 , engage at will

which game? (easy) :p

8. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

hmm I don't think squad say would be necessary, but what I do think would be a great idea is having your squad be displayed next to your name when using team say.

dizzy[A]: GUYS THERES A GRENADIER OVER HERE!

9. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I don't think it is necessary either, but I do think it would add something to clan matches. Currently we (CW) can use teamspeak w/ macros or ventrilo w/ sub channels to break a clan into squads and have them talk amongst themselves as well as to the entire group. I am speaking about this from experience when I say squadsay would add to teamwork.

I agree that for pub server use, squadsay would be pretty useless unless used by experiences players. But at the moment, a large percentage of the empires community is in a clan and could benefit from this :-)

Is it even doable? Allsay and teamsay come standard w/ HL2 games, right? Could another option be added?

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Im sure everything is possible for Krenzo :D

but I'm not sure if splitting up the information of whats going on on the battlefield is a good idea, I can understand it if it can get quite chaotic on vent where everyone would be talking through each other, but other than that everyone on your team benefits from reading or hearing the text.

The problem I see very often though is that people have no idea who something is directed to or where its happening, and I would think this is a more important issue than a peace of mind (im sure buddhists might disagree)

11. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

:D

My thinking is based around the (possibly mistaken) idea that on the battlefield the commander should be in complete control and the squad leaders should be in control of the squads they lead.

I know on a pub whoever starts the squad is the squad leader, but maybe with planning a clan get decide who will be squad leader.

With such a setup, communication can be much less hectic... imagine only the commander and squad leaders talking to everyone and the rest of the team talking within squads.