communication chain of command

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Metruption, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Metruption

Metruption Member

When comm talks EVERYBODY hears him
    when a squad leader talks comm squad leaders, and nearby allies hear him
    when random plebs talk nearby allies hear him, maybe enemies hear them shout too

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Yeah, this has been planned for ages, but we never really looked at the code if this is possible.

EDIT: Misinterpreted this, do you want an actual chain of command? I just thought you meant comm mutes all other players, squad mutes all other squaddies, etc

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i dont think its such a good idea. it only delays the relay of information. if i see a jeep coming around a corner and i first have to pass the info up the chain of command its inefficient. its no army, its just 31 players.

the thing about hearing enemies talk in your vicinity is a two bladed sword. nice in theory - but then, theres players, its bad enough to hear all the nonsense on your own team because its kind of necessary to have voice enabled, imagine now you could rub it into your enemies face ...

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Have two types of voice the same as chat. Squad voice and team voice.
    Com is almost always team voice unless he selects a squad or a member of a squad and hits squad voice and only that squad can hear him. Of course there needs to be some kind of obvious indication that the com is only talking to a squad.

Also... for a cool factor, allow hacked radar to allow enemy within the radar to hear that teams com.

5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Having people repeat what I say will annoy and piss the hell out of me, what if my squad leader doesn't have a mic?

Sitting there and typing constantly would be a ridiculous chore.