Commander's View drifting & moveing by self

Discussion in 'Support' started by LifesLemons, Dec 6, 2008.

1. LifesLemons

LifesLemons Member

For some odd reason,my view in the commander interface seems to drift in one direction,without me pressing,clicking or otherwise messing with it.As soon as I enter the com interface,my view starts drifting,and although I can oppose it,I cant place any structures while doing so,And If I dont oppose it I can barely place strctures.The only thing (aside froming trying to go in the opposite direction) that stops it would be a large hill or mountain.

Let me show you whats happening
    O=my view
    -movement
    >glitch movement
    <counter movement
    /
    O-------------------><----------/
    /
    ^ ^ ^
    Moveing by self Me opposing Stopped by mountain range
    (cant place
    Structures)

Sadly exiting and re-entering the CV does not work,its either going to drift the entire match or work normally.So every time I take command theres a 50/50 chance I can do so with a normal non-self moveing view.Does anyone know how to fix this problem? -ComradeTaco

2. Caelo

Caelo Member

do you experience a same problem when entering the driver position of a tank?

3. LifesLemons

LifesLemons Member

When Im driveing in the CV im fine,its when I switch to my command interface when things start to go awry.

4. Drag

Drag Member

If I understand this correctly its one of the old and known bugs. I recall leaving comm interface should usually fix it or maybe tapping the direction key of the glitchy movement helps.

Other than that I don't know. If you'd had this movement not only in comm interface but everywhere I'd say unplug/deactivate joystick.

5. Spooky

Spooky Member

Tap WASD and the arrow key's, or type "+left" or "+right" in console, possibly "+strafe" -left, -right and -strafe returns the key's to normal.
    if that doesen't work, just rebind everything in your emp_config. (controls menu)

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i have that too.

when i drive arround in the cv and then press F2 the commander view keeps its momentum. just press the last key you were holding before entering comm view and it stops.

its annoying, but i got used to it :D

7. @@@@ACE@@@@

@@@@ACE@@@@ Member

i have had that bug also just hit a bunch of ur moment keys and it stops .

the only bug i cant fix is pressing f2 make a recording box pop up 80% of the time

8. Apogee

Apogee Member

Yeah, I just mash the keys alot and it fixes the bug. Very annoying, tho.