Commander wages

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Grantrithor, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Commander wages are dead useless, and since most commanders are going to being commanding the whole game, they are never going to use them.

So either have it so every wage the commander gets go straight to the team resource pool or let them use it to buy buildings / research / tanks without going out of the team resource pool first.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I use my commander wages. I often buy a tank which I leave as my own next to my CV. But then again, I'm a good commander, and most aren't. I guess it could be useful, and then if a team was desperate different people could cycle through the position of commander to drop their wages in or something. Idk, feels like a hackjob to only let the commander do it.

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I buy tank for my team. I profit.

4. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

I do the same. And if there are only few players I also drive the tank to my teammates.

5. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

probably make an APC and park it near my CV in case some enemy engineers started siesmic nading the racks and my team isnt kill spawning enough or at all. go into the APC ever so often to prevent it from being blown up as an idle vehicle.

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

cool, but not all commanders do the same, there should be a "dump wages" button in the commander view so that any wages that the current commander has can go straight to the res pool OR it uses his wages when he gets a research item or structure before using resources.

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

OR the commander could use the vehicle interface from the command interface and pop out a tank. Next person who runs up to the VF will just take the tank.

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

But then you lose the res you want to put into research.

Without targets and before all the additions we're going to get to make the commander role more active and strategic, there's definately time for you to get out of the cv and make a tank. If you want to be bothered, it just makes sense.

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

As a rule the commander should be buying team stuff, because the comm controls team assets, just make their wages automatically go to team funds.

If you want to spend that money on a tank you can, or you can spend it on research or buildings, makes more sense than only letting comms spend it on vehicles which they probably won't use, rather than on research which they will use.