Commander view teleport trigger.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Chris0132', Nov 4, 2007.

1. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Another mapping suggestion.

I'd like a variation on the trigger_teleport entity, when the commander view enters one of these triggers, a button on his display lights up, and a message (defined in the trigger entity by the mapper) pops up to tell him where the teleport will send him. He can then press the button to teleport the view to the destination of the teleport.

This would be very useful if you have enclosed sections of a map that are still big enough for the commander to be active in. For example, the mountain base in my current map. Navingating through it would take a while if you were the commander and time is important for commanders, so this feature would be quite handy.

As an addendum, I'd also like some way of making brush geometry non-solid to the commander view, doors for example (I don't know if they already are non-solid) could be a pain in the arse if you close them and then can't get out of the room.

That's all, cheers in advance.

2. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

This could be usefull for other maps as well such as the dam in MVally and inside the buildings in Crossroads... Now the the com has to be good at manovering to fly into the building or have the whole roof open up for the com to place something. Though this would of course not be for several patches yet.

Alternit Idea: Would it be possible to have an entity where the com can "fly" and see through but be solid for every one else? That way the roofs could be just looked through

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

The map is 2d.

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Yeah, we need a 4d one with a time slider so you can click on not only a location but a time. For example, you can click back to the start of the game when you decided to enter comm and exit before you make your team lose.

5. rat

rat Member

owned.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

why is it that whenever the commander goes into the sky box or bumps into a wall he very often seems to get stuck?

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

The same reason why commanders used to fall out of the sky due to nukes...

Sometimes it is easy to get "Stuck" under the map as commander...

as an example; you are very low to the ground on the lowest part of a map (A valley or something) then you see that your base on the hill is under attack so you click on that section of the map, and voilla you are under ground...

Happens to me allot on m Valley...

8. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I'd settle for 3d, but 5d would be nice, that way you could flip into an alternate universe where your team always wins.

9. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

It would be nice if the comm could no clip

10. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yeah noclipping would be OK, but the problem is that any well optimised map should have the interiors not being rendered from the outside, you can't actually see into any of my rooms from the outside.

11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

one thing i would like to see is a free roaming camera for the commander like in Zombie Master.

12. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Or what about a sort of spectator mode, so you can spec your players?

13. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

and an interface that would let you drop buildings and give commands to players?

seriously though, didnt someone make a map that allowed the com to look into the tunnels in the middle from the top but the players still couldnt see out?

you could also alter the map design to make this possible such as having areas of the roof blown out or grating instead of a proper ceiling (assuming it would work with the map)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  14. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Or having the comm as a mini blimb which has to pilot itself around the map

15. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

you can make oneway glass etc so you could do that reasonably easily - although I dont know if it would try and place buildings on top of the oneway wall. also that still causes problems if you have infantry (or planes) being able to get above the bit of ground in question.