Commander statistics

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by [D3]Leroy Jenkins, Jul 21, 2009.

1. [D3]Leroy Jenkins

[D3]Leroy Jenkins Member

This would basically be showing your statistics as commander wins/loses/uncompleted. It could also show something like most researched trees. Or wins by map etc. I think it would make it more interesting and would add some competition to being com so you could have a good set of statistics i don't think this would be too difficult to put into effect but frankly i know nothing about how doing things like this work so that would be up to people who had more technical knowledge.

Any feedback?

2. Falchion

Falchion Member

Wouldnt work, most commanders ditch before they get lynched. Commander should be locked in vehicle until he gets voted out.

3. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

Why would you want that, nobody would pick you :(.

Also, this wouldn't work, I'd just join the stacked team so I'd win all the time and everyone would vote me.

4. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

You haven't played this game for a long time have you.

5. [D3]Leroy Jenkins

[D3]Leroy Jenkins Member

:p i've given up trying to be angry at you bitter. And no that would not be the case. Your point is valid about the stacking but you wouldn't be the only one that would command on a stacked team would you?

6. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Implement this, but keep it private (for testing and balancing purposes). The research paths are probably the best thing to keep track of.

7. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

at first i thought this was really lame as it is opposed to my global campaign in opposition to ranked servers.

but really, commanding stats would be kind of neat. it's not the same as ranking infantry because ranking commanders gives an incentive to being a good commander (good meaning victorious, in this case) whereas ranking players just gives people an incentive to be hmg/carbine sniping fucktards.

but yeah. BJ already covered the cons. A few other people and I already get stacked on pretty hard if we're playing and we join in the first 5 seconds of the map, and I think this would get worse if servers started keeping track of my wins.

8. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Don't add any public statistics!
    Especially not for commanders.
    It is often hard to find a commander. And especially when you know, that you are in a team with only new players you might refuse to com to keep your statistics clean.

Research paths maybe help to balancing the game.

9. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

So... Commanders will be punished for bad teams? Stacking ftw! :p

10. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

Just add a way to track your own stats

5 scouts that stand next to a barracks that is getting deconstructed and watch it happen = fail.
    Good commanders will be able to build the base on there own, locking them in just makes it boring.

11. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I'd add only wins/games as comm/time in comm veh.