Commander idea - Objectives

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Puzzlemaker, May 16, 2006.

1. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

I have an idea.

I have often thought that there should be some sort of system that gives you points for listening to the commander. However, it would have to be in such a way that it is hard to abuse it; giving players easy objectives over and over again to rank up their points.

However, I have had an idea. The commander should be able to set objective areas. Objective areas are areas you need to defend or attack. The commander can set the size of the objective area, by placing down a big cirlce.

Any players who kill the enemy or building in an objective area placed by their commander get an extra point. Likewise, any buildings built up in an objective area gives you an extra point. If you kill someone outside the objective area while inside the objective area, you get an extra point.

A good example of this would be in badlands; the commander would want to place an objective area over the center two resource nodes. It would give players incentive to attack the center.

The commander should be able to place two or three objective areas at one time, and the objective areas of course would have a max size limit, so you cant make the whole map an objective area.

What do you think?

2. Jimather

Jimather Member

thats a spankingly good idea imo.

3. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

4. Jimather

Jimather Member

its related but not the same idea.

this idea would allow a commander to set a general objective for his team, quickly and easily that rewards the players who are working to complete the objective. not just reward players who follow specific orders.

then the commander has to set new orders all the time and describe to his team exactly what he wants. a picture tells a thousand words and this does just that, it would also help coordinate teams who arent sure where the real important zones are and what the team as a whole is currently trying to do.

yes we should also reward people for following orders, but this is a way of giving the whole team general, rewardable orders quickly and easily.

its a damn good idea. i will pro con it.

5. FalconX

FalconX Developer

How about giving a 1.1-1.3x bonus to all rank points earned in that area? That way it wouldn't draw people off of other important objectives onto that one, but it would also give some bonus.

6. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I would also give lazy/rediculously efficient comms like Dee something to do.

7. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Im glad you all like the idea. I hope it is implemented.

8. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

BUMPIFIED!

Is there a list somewhere that I can put this idea into? Maybe someone should start a Wiki with a list of all the suggestions...