Commander able to form squads

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Goose, May 19, 2006.

1. Goose

Goose Member

I see at start game and sometimes mid game, alot of players dont have squads. I purpose an idea who the commander being able to link players to squads and such. I mean the commander can be overruled by the squadleader or if clanmates want in the same squad etc. but this will help cut back the lack of squads near the start.

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Member

this might be a really cool idea, worth discussing at least.

3. Chahk

Chahk Member

Good idea. Deserves consideration.

Perhaps when a commander "assignes" (drag-drop?) a player to a squad, the player gets a "Join my squad!" notification and when they accept it, the squad leader gets a "Requesting permission..." prompt, thus giving them a chance to decline in case they don't want that particular player in their squad.

4. zachtos

zachtos Member

I've suggested this in the past but I guess they are reworking squads alltoghether. nonetheless it would be great if a commander could just hotkey players forcing them into squads, or a nice GUI menu to drag and drop players.

5. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

As long as the player had the final decision whether or not to join the squad, this would be a good idea. He should, of course, still be able to form his own squads--which should take precedence over the comm ordered squad.

6. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

You can already assign groups to players. Drag a box around players, then hold CTRL and assign a number. You can now recall those players by hitting that number.

I suppose that will be streamlined into creating squads

7. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

That's great lettuce. I proposed this in another thread somewhere, so I therefore think it is a good idea. I know most comms (except for Dee) are busy, but this would be a great gameplay addition. For people who are just getting into the game, and are too busy to remember about squads (I've done that alot)

8. zachtos

zachtos Member

click drag squads would be fine for getting quick groups near eachother, but menu dragging would be nice in addition at a later date.

9. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Comm should instantly assign player to a squad. No declining or anything like that. Comm is the player who commands in CV games and he should have total control of things related to commanding.

10. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

wow i think this guy is right, this way i wouldnt have to spend the 1st 10 mins runing around the damn map looking for somebody to join squads with, or then just making one then inviting ppl to and then they join and leave after 5 mins to get me to shut up

11. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Something to be concerned with, Clan stacking. Making clan members the squad leaders or something. I don't know if the squad leader actually does anything, I've never really seen an active squad leader leading me, so this might not be a problem.

12. zachtos

zachtos Member

That's too bad knight. Every time I play, I try to form the squad. I order teamates to move to waypoints, attack targets and praise or punish players. I do this with the menu system and mark waypoints that look just like commander waypoints. This helps noobs out considerably and enhances teamwork/comradery.

13. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i try too, but forget when it matters, at the end game when cannon shells are exploiding all around.