Command vehicle immobile message obscured

Discussion in 'Non-code bugs' started by wealthysoup, Jan 11, 2013.

1. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

The command vehicle immobile message that appears when entering the command vehicle during the first 60 seconds of the map is obscured by the minimap.

The position of this seems to depend (a bit at least) on resolution, when viewed at 1600x1200 the countdown is mostly obscured while at 1280x1024 the whole message is visible.

Perhaps this could be moved further to the left on the screen (and possibly down so its move visible)

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Idk if this is code or .res based.

3. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

I wouldve thought it would be in a .res file but havnt looked, could be code I suppose. Ducky would probably be the person thatd know where to look

4. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

On second thoughts im not so sure, had a quick look at a couple of res files and now I really dont know what its more likely to be :/

5. Ducky

Ducky 2D Artist

I've attached a resfile with the immobility text as much left and down as possible in the res - that's not really a lot but please check if it's sufficient for higher resolutions.

To make it really cool and always centered and stuff will probably need code support.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  6. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

For 1600x1200 atleast, moving it to the left makes it a bit easier to see, although moving it down results in what you can see of the numbers being completely obscured by the minimap.

I assume this problem doesnt occur in widescreen setups due to the extra screen space?

Ive found a way around the problem but I would prefer if you looked at this is my method may mess other things up (and you know a lot more about it)

In Topinfo the following are by default:

"topInfo"

"xpos" "100"
    "ypos" "0"
    "wide" "800"
    "tall" "65"

Changing them to:

"xpos" "50"
    "ypos" "0"
    "wide" "850"
    "tall" "65"

Means that you can move the command vehicle immobile text about more (basically making the frame bigger to allow more space to move the text about in)

Presumably changing "tall" can also bring it down the screen a bit.

Can you have another look if you get a chance and let me know if this can be edited like that without making a mess of everything else?