Comm interface and you.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by PreDominance, Feb 7, 2009.

1. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Well, players complain that commanders often ignore text chat. Why?
    Commander operations (Target destroyed, +point for commander, etc..) often spam up the chatbawks.

MY SUGGESTION: Make a semi-transparent chatbox in the top-left corner of the commander screen. This screen is specifically for "player-to-commander" operations. In order to send your comm a message, players prefix their text with, "!c <Message>". These messages will appear in pink as well(Or any other color, doesn't matter..)

Pros
    -:Easy commander communication
    -:Comms will enjoy the decrease in flames
    -:No more spamming chatbox with angry messages to the comm.

Cons
    -:Could be spammed...(Maybe input a "silence" button whenever you select someone, so they can't keep spamming.)

½Of my suggestion: Make a new radio-spreadsheet for the commander. "Requesting Refinery At My Location (<location>)", etc. These are only heard by the commander and nearby friendly units.

Thanks!
    Steve

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  2. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Or we do move the commander-related text to the right (the ones who tell him that a target is destroyed, etc).

Like the one in WoW, you have one for chat and one for damage, healing etc.

3. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

My PEQ marker suggestion is better :D

4. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Thought of that too, but then I realized that you'd get your chat mixed in with the non-essential stuffs.

@ham

It's half of my suggestion, I'd rather not have it, but it represents the same thing. Just half of what I want really. :p

5. Sirex

Sirex Member

Yeah the target data and that green spam is useless.

6. Bass

Bass Member

I rarely even look at the messages that show up for the commander. I get the idea of what is going on from the right of my screen showing who is dying and such.

Removing it completely wouldn't be a loss in my opinion.

7. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Yeah, but if it's possible to segregate the menus, then you can get the important messages, such as "Ref D4!" with an unspammable chatbox.

8. o_O

o_O Member

Why not just remove all the comm chat spam. Seriously, if you are giving orders like you should be the entire chat screen is going to be full of announcements telling you that someone killed someone else and then got blown away... who cares, infantries are free. If something important is destroyed, you can tell because it explodes and stops working.

9. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Yeah, but you CAN'T tell your infantry needs a refinery, nor can you tell when there are 4 apc's rushing and you need to setup some ml's.