Comm center

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Nutcase, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Nutcase

Nutcase Member

In response to bomb shelter and pillbox threads I suggest a command center. This comm center will be a heavy bunker to replace the cv so cv will then act as a back up in case the comm center gets destroyed. The comm center it self will act as a spawn, armory, and command point and will allow upgrades like turret towers and extentions or tunnals to other buildings so when bombers come out u will not be left out in the bomb fest. The comm centers will problely be expenive and take a long time to build but will have alot of hitpoints. Also with the cv if it gets destroyed u sould be able to rebuild it at a vf as long u have a comm center. Also the scout should be made in to a sniper with a longer range gun at the expense of ammo and reload time. Not being a programer myself I cant really build any ideas but will see what u think.

2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i agree, if it were not so overpowered,

it is actually 1 building replacing many others
    = why woud anyone build the others then? thisone takes less room, is stronger and prolly costs less if you add up all the building costs

i woud prefer an "outpost" thingy (= a bunker where 80 % is underground, so it is hard to spot, but can defend itself,
    preferrably it woud be very hard to destroy, so ether infantry needs to take it, or bombers need to repeadatly bombard it)

where you coud (for example) spaun, fire out of (the 20 % above ground)
    store at least 1 vehicle in (cv, tank etc...) and has "pop up" hatches (like the one in lost, an exit ceperated of the main building whith a small tunnel, i have seen tunnels are planned so it woud be cool if you coud build the "pop up" hatches seperately of the building but interconnected)

then seperate underground buildings can be added as an "expansion" to the main building
    like armory, radar and god knows what

i woud allso like to advise very strongly to make it possible to build trenches (very strong, low to average cost (150% of walls?) tanks can drive ppl can jump over, but ppl can take very good cover in it)

so it woud be possible to apply turtle strategy
    and it nerfs the arty,cous if applied good, it cannot come close enoug

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  3. Nutcase

Nutcase Member

It wouldn't replace them because all the comm center would be limited to 1 and only doubles as a spawn point, armory, and comm point the other buildings would be built seperate with posible tunnals or trenchs conecting then to the comm building. Also the comm building it selfwould be expensive around say around 3000 but have very heavy armor and take a long time to build. Now thinking of it the shield generator could be a good upgrade for it latter in the game but it will be balanced out if put in the game.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

What bout just a decoy CV

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Maybe its just like a bunker for the CV? A structure thats limited to only 1 per team, a place to put the CV once those bombers start flyin' and the arty Shellin'

There was another thread where the "Fortification Upgrade" was suggested where multiple buildings can get upgraded into "Bunker Like States"

6. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

I like this idea, I've always wanted the Comm to have the ablity to set up a second base while still commanding at one.

And, as dizzyzone said, the 'decoy' CV would be nerfed as it should give the enemy a Res boost (500-1500?) if they do manage to kill it, so spamming it wouldn't be smart.

But, haveing it be one per team, I disagree. Maybe make it 1 per every four(More or less?) Res Nodes, this way, a dominating team can have a much better base so cheap Ninja tactics don't loose them the game.

7. Comrade Regulus

Comrade Regulus Member

I'd rather have what Shinzon described, a bunker to store the cv in. You could turn that into a spawn/armory/bomb shelter.

Didn't Krenzo say he still has nightmares about coding tunnels?

8. Nutcase

Nutcase Member

lol well with the number of player I sure some of them Might have some programing knowage to help I sure would if I knew how to program and had programing software

9. AnRK

AnRK Member

what about the comm being able to deploy then move elsewhere. kinda C&C style but being able to move after deployment.

i like the idea of comm being mobile because if a base is screwed it gives them the ability of being able to start over somewhere else and not get killed

1 bad thing that might result fro mthe underground depot thing would be that the comm tank could get blocked in by tanks infantry ML turrets etc

10. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I think this should be limited to 1 per team, and Static, once you reach late game, there is no point in running around with a com; a bunker like structure would provide turtling a better chance in winning, and Stop stupid ninjas, since when the com is build and everyone is at the front, the com is in a nice bunker safe from ninjas and air raids...

11. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Dude Krenzo has been programming for what, 6 years? I doubt you can help him, lol :p

12. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I know one good thing about a stationary comm buidling/hangar,
    "LOLO WTF IS WIT DIS T4NK NO GUNZ LOLO!!11 CH4rG3!!!!1ONE"

13. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

I think a stationary comm. center could work well, but only on very paticular maps rather than as a standard feature. I like the idea of a command bunker you could store your vehicle in. I hate always having to look out for those Ninjaneers trying to wall me in! >;O

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

maybe, more some kind of bombing shelter

like those plastic shelters at large bus stations
    http://www.cambridge2000.com/cambridge2000/images/0006/P6291580.jpg

but then in metal, to counter bombing and a bit arty

for conveniance cannot be build over large buildings?

maybe the surface of a vehicle factory???

it coud replace the comm bunker idea, or add to it

15. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

So it could be 2 things of now, either map based or ressearch based...

The first one needs no planning just build around your almighty fort...

for the 2nd one it needs alot more planning, you need to leave extra space in your base so the command center wont be the first thing in the line of sight of an enemy arty...

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i personally like the cv voult (bunker to put cv in)

17. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Same it will probably make me leave some space in the base as com... and it seems just more... Tactical :p

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

yea, it woud be cool to be able to "build" a cv thoug, maybe only if the one from the start is destroyed you have 1 min to build another
    cost 1500 rec

19. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

How about a dual commander then? one primary responsible for ressearch and most buildings and 2nd tactical, issuing orders to infantry, picking tank layouts, maybe doing some building that was allowed by the Primary commander?

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

good thinkin, 1 comm for building and reseaching (the starter)
    ONLY the start commander can build extra comm vehicles
    then some light comms, (in extra comm vehicles) get to controll players, bots and tanks