Combine riflemen and scout classes.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aaaaaa50, Aug 22, 2009.

1. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Some people complain that riflemen are overpowered, and that scouts are (mostly) useless. So, somehow, I got this stupid idea and I found a stupid quote to go with it.

Mash some of the Scout's abilities with the Rifleman's weaponry and armor. Make the armor very weak against tanks weapons, but strong against infantry. Do the reverse for Grenadiers, and make Engineers....vulnerable. ^^

I'm not sure what equipment/ability combination would work best, but overall I don't really think this idea will get much credibility no matter how I phrase it. So..... I didn't try very hard at my suggestion this time. :rolleyes:

2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Wait, are they gonna be gone and just the 2 classes? or do you mean to put them together as a different class, but rifleman,scout,grens,and engys are still there. well, the scoutman (SCOUT and rifleMAN) sounds like a really bad idea, no offense.

3. Kane

Kane Member

Bad idea.
    Scouts are not useless, esp. that I buffed scout rifle for testing purposes to 75 dmg.

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It's not a bad suggestion, I just don't think it will get implemented, but the armor part sounds like a good idea.

5. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

:pathetic:

What I meant was to have the normal Engie, Gren, and this third class.

6. Empty

Empty Member

Are you joking me?

Now he can sabotage your entire base and kill anyone who tries to find him, byt he way he's half invisible and has digin and an MG.

Enjoy.

7. Demented

Demented Member

Not as bad as a heavy tank. =P
    Esp. now that all the riflemen and their mothers have enhanced senses.

8. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

wat?

i can haz?

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Bump
    Teh scoutman

Well the armor idea should be implemented.

10. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

Yeah, let's have 3 classes, a builder, a fail anti tank, and a fucking rapefest.

Cool story bro

11. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

remove hide and sab and this idea is win

12. Empty

Empty Member

Sabs a great skill though.

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

haha in what game? Pressing E on a building can help kill an entire base in seconds with no warning.

14. Empty

Empty Member

The damage over time needs removal, but other than that it's a great tool for teamwork. A scout in a group of riflemen and grenadiers can speed up base destruction by a lot, when it'd normally take about 20 minutes for those classes.

15. Mashav

Mashav Member

Its essentially more accurate to say "sabotage was a great skill, then it became a deformed monstrosity".

16. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

How do you counter a scout sabbing your base right before a rush or with some engineer with squad revive near? In public games buildings get left unrepaired and makes gameplay slow down and suck while promoting people to crawl around on there belly for an entire match. In clan matches its completely OP and makes entire bases gone in seconds.

I think its a retarded skill that was added as a last second fix to make the scout useful even though its obvious he still isn't. Pressing E on a building is too easy for how unnoticeable it is. Maybe if it took longer to sab key buildings like a barracks and gave out a warning like it does when your actually killing a building it wouldn't be so bad.

17. Empty

Empty Member

You don't have to counter every situation, if the enemy coordinated a bunch of guys to take down your base you should lose it unless you have an equally coordinated defence.

18. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

You can't counter something that turrets and people/cameras can't see. If they have 1 scout and engineer sneak over there or get dropped off you can squad revive enough people to kill that base in seconds. It doesn't matter if you have the best defense in the game. You can't see it coming or stop it once it starts. Hell it takes longer to kill spawn then it does to kill the barracks.

All you gotta do as a scout is hide and wait till you get the word to sab. Like I said if you got a warning as soon as he started to sab it and if it took longer so you could respond it wouldn't be so bad.

19. Empty

Empty Member

And yet I've commed hundreds of times and never been angered by any such strategy.

20. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Don't know how you people command but if you loose a complete base because of sabotage you and your team fails.
    Just check the health of the most important building time by time and place some turrets.