Combine Heavies and Artillery

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aaaaaa50, Nov 13, 2009.

1. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Bad title. ^^

I tried a very long time to justify this idea in my own words, but as usual I'm not satisfied with anything less than a perfectly understandable argument. So, as is my common practice, I have skipped it. :)

Go me. :s

Three kinds of tanks: Lights, Mediums, and Heavy Artillery. Heavy Artillery tanks would allow teams to justifiably field heavy firepower without having tanks that possess waaaay too much armor.

2. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Anything that promotes destruction of bases more than half the map away is bad.

Bad.

Baaaad.

Besides, mediums > heavies in tank-to-tank combat? dun think so.

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Two words, weapons platform.

Or wait, that was four.

Shit, 9.

eleven...

oh ffs

4. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Neun ist nicht ein numer!

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i have experimented with lightly armoured (3 plate max, good weight) tanks that can field multiple slots of ETHER missiles OR cannons

the idea was that commanders could individually research ether missile or cannon tanks, and after that heavy missile and cannon tanks

for example, i made a script for a medium based missile tank that had three 2slot missle slots and same for cannon, and a heavy missile tank that had three 3slot missile slots

they where fun, but overall the medium variant was the most effective and fun

6. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

I think that a long ranged base destroyer that could stand toe to toe against any armor that came its way would be an unstoppable force. I am against this suggestion.