comander powers (NOT-A-FAIL)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Roflcopter Rego, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

long story short, comming isn't so thrilling blah blah blah magic powers yay.
    Taking on board discussions about this, powers should only be really instawin in ridiculously rare situations or none at all, thus, no reinforcement boost, no spawn next to your com lolololol or whatever.
    Balance wise, they are the same between factions. Aesthetics and details give the difference the difference between lots of little bombs and one big bomb. same damage, radius ect. but different in minor ways.

Two more unique suggestions are unlocks and tiers. All these powers need a built radar to prevent early faggotry and games that are too fast. Additionally, researching the core of a tree will get you advantages based on that tree - this can then easily be transferred to dragscripts. Tiers are based on time, more specifically time when you had a radar built. Tier 1 will be instant, tier 2 will be 15 minutes or so of constructed radar, tier 3 will be 45 minutes of constructed radar.

powers have a CoolDown, which stops it being used after a time that a specific power has been activated, and a Global CoolDown, the time scince any power has been used.

Generic:
    Ammoz+Healthz. Drops an ammo and/or health box at a location for a time. Can only be placed in the build radius. (not near enemies + near friendlies). Higher tier = longer time active. CD 90S, GCD 30S
    Regen. Gives regeneration to infantry for 60S. higher tier = higher healing/s. CD 120, GCD 45.
    Building energizing. Adds health to a building. Must be close to friendlies and not near to enemies. T1 is enough to instantly construct a turret, T3 is enough to instantly construct any building. CD 180, GCD 45

Physics.
    Projectile damage. increases damage of infantry by 15% within a small radius. Higher tier = longer duration. CD 90s, GCD30s
    EMP. Overheats tanks within a radius, must be near friendlies. Considerably less effect to CV (maybe half a bar of heat). higher tier = larger radius. CD120, GCD 60.

Chemistry.
    Satellite strike. Damages tanks and infantry within a radius. Does negligable damage to CV and buildings. Higher tier = more damage, more radius.
    Firestorm. Increases damage radius of explosives fired by friendlies with a radius. Higher tier = increased effect and radius.

Electrical.
    Satellite imagery. Shows all enemy buildings and the enemy CV on the minimap and to the com, updated real time for the duration. Higher tier = much longer effect (from 10 seconds to 2 minutes). CD 45 GCD 45

Anyway, you get the gist. Add on powers, critisise mine, whatever. Cooldowns should be long enough to not overwhelm the com, so don't moan about that, and there are no instawin powers, those that could be abused for com killin' have been nerfed. Those that complain of death from above, most don't effect enemies directly, those that do have cooldowns high enough so that they can't be spammed - an efficient squad could do a hell of a lot more with squad arty.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  2. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

Mechanical engineering.
    Emergency beacon. Activates a spawn point on the cv for 60 seconds. Turns off the moment the command vehicle moves. CD 600s, GCd 60s

3. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

How to ... get enemy main in the first 2 minutes, its way easier then walking there and building a barracks
    It should come with an stun effect for the CV (these 60 sec), because leaving the CV to build a barracks threaten the CV, too...

4. S U N R I S E

S U N R I S E Member

I like it alot.

Homeland Security: All enemy buildings and the enemy CV are visible on radar for 60 seconds

5. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Boring.

Well edit: I feel that I should elaborate more. Commander perks should be more unique, not just beefed up squad leader stuff. Like Spawn a mechanical Shark that drops mines or something like that. I really would hate to have another boring feature that does essentiallyn only copy old stuff.

6. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

I think you have to keep with the Empires theme a bit here... I'm not great on the ol' creative front, so if you can think of some interesting ones that arn't really crazy go ahead.

7. Omneh

Omneh Member

REPOST

While the Tier 5 powers are... questionable (although they are certainly not as powerful as the nuke plugin nachos had), I do think the majority of the other stuff could work quite well. The "Command Points" system could probably do with reworking, as its particularly farmable, and the powers need easily spotted and avoided/countered by the enemy.

As for the death from above complaint that is often leveled at commander power suggestions, if you get hit by a missile strike or whatever, its only really as bad as being hit by an arty shell. Or a BECAR. Or (up until 2.24) a mortar.

Also, bear in mind that the other team would have access to these powers as well.

8. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

It's too bad you guys don't realize that this will ruin the game.

Oh well, will never be implemented anyway.

9. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

I liked super nuke missile that cost 15000 more

10. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

Omni, a lot of those are really small, and a lot are OP. Tier 5 will give coms the undisputed best weapons on the field, others create unintended game mechanics. Also, a GCD is pretty much vital, there are a lot of things there and spamming them all at once would be incredibly tide-swinging. You also don't want to give coms that much of a responsibility, because most players are noobs or newbs. Try to keep it as simple as possible. This is to make the com a more engaging and entertaining role, not to confuse the shit out of the newer ones even further.

11. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

There is already a thread on this.