Comander Chase Overtime!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aaaaaa50, Nov 30, 2010.

1. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

We all know that comm chases are epic wins and they only occur after one team has definatively won the match. However, it occured to me that newbies (not noobs you noobs) probably get a little baffled by how rediculous comm chases are. So I got the idea that when one team only has one player left alive, no barracks or apcs, and the last player has been driving the comm vehicle, the message "Commander Chase Overtime!" would appear on the HUD somewhere. I believe that this suggestion goes beyond it's origional purpose to just be awesome.

It would be extra awesome if the Comm gets a flaming paint makeover too.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I've seen a team win multiple times with nothing but a CV, so it doesn't really work out to signify that time.

3. zenarion

zenarion Member

I think it's something up for an admin to decide. When most of the team considered the game a loss and go spec, three engineers try to repair a rax franticly, and the commander goes on his little Thelma-and-Louise ride agains a whole map full of enemies, someone should just say "let's end this, there is no way you guys can win anymore. Altho, a lot of times people can still turn a game around, even from the most slippery of slopes. Kind of one of the things that makes Empires fun. You can win with a single surviving rifleman e-building a ninja VF.
    So any system that forcibly ends the match isn't friendly to anyone.
    Hence, I am against any system like that.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  4. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

How to win with nothing but a cv? The cv kills the enemy cv? Or the enemy commander leaves his cv as last player of his team with 0 tickets and gets roadkilled?

Suggestion's awesomeness gotta be awesome.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Sonecha vs 23.
    Sonecha goes grenadier, jumps in CV.
    Enemy has 14 vehicles, most of which are heavies.
    emp_canyon, Sonecha is on the BE hill outside their main (as BE).
    He gets everyone to go spec so he can use every squad's points. And then, he runs for it.
    Hurtles towards enemy main through heavy tanks and level3s. Gets to the enemy command vehicle and shunts him round to provide cover from the turrets. Walls the pair of them in.
    Enemy commander gets out, gets a shotty pistol to the face.
    Sonecha throws everything at the enemy commander, squad arty after squad arty, all his RPGs/mortars, under a hail of incoming missiles and narrowly missing nukes.
    Enemy commander dies. Sonecha wins. GG.

Just one example of about 20 times I've seen it pulled off in the last 3 years, albeit that was the most spectacular.

6. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Squadpoints actually is a thing. So he won with something and a cv.

7. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

This wouldn't actually affect gameplay, just give a funny message and put fire stripes or whatever there called on the runaway command vehicle. So, stuff could still happen.

8. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Also make an audiomessage equal to the overtime things of tf2 play at the start of each period in which the conditions are true.

9. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I forgot to ask: Can anyone think of a better name for comm chases?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I've won as only person alive and in cv a couple times too.. I don't think its an issue anymore except on certain maps like manitcore where you can just run thru tight spaces and drop walls behind you. But since the cv's health is lower its been less of an issue.

11. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Push enemy cv into water, gg.

12. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

most epic com chases involve the BE CV chasing the NF CV into water, only to find that it only has half the height and can sink where the NF CV otherwise can't.

(cyclopean *cough*)