Com Scrolling

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Alceister, May 7, 2009.

1. Alceister

Alceister Member

It sucks. That's all that is needed to be said. Anyone who has ever played comm before will probably agree with me.

Is this going to change at all?

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

What's wrong with it?

You point the mouse at the edge of the screen and you go that way, what else do you want it to do?

3. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

It would be nice if it locked the cursor to the screen when playing in full screen, so that there is no chance of me accidentally clicking out of empires causing it to minimise.

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

wut :confused:

And OP, are you talking about moving around the map or zooming in and out with the mousewheel, because I haven't noticed any problems with either, apart from zooming being a bit slow. (and I think there might be a console command for that)

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Window mode?
    use -noborder.

6. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

I can only imagine that Alceister means the clipping issues, where your view gets stucks on things while moving, sometimes getting stuck to where you need to reenter comm view. Beyond that its just like any other RTS view, except that you hold a button to rotate (btw use the spacebar its way easier). Sure it would be nice to be able to noclip through everything, or maybe just the stuff inside the skybox (isn't there some reason that you shouldnt be able to leave the skybox?), but its all fine IMO.

Maybe people need to stop making vague and provocative threads. If you make a thread with less than 3 lines in it, don't.

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i believe in natural selection the commander left the skybox

8. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

That's my guess too. The clipping issue is particularly bad on maps like SOF and Cyclopean. One of the reasons people don't like to comm SOF is that you spend half your time exiting/reentering comm view.

9. Disposable_Hero

Disposable_Hero Member

Hold alt to rotate the view, it isn't so jerky when viewed from lower perspective.

10. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

natural-selections commander view was at a fixed height designated by the mapper, you couldnt scroll in or out. And you would move along that height field regaurdless of whether or not you were in the 'map' or outside the void(most the time you were in the void actually). Natural-selection didnt have like any open maps anyway, just hallways and corridors.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

so i was correct, i remember it from the small ns maps i made to test how to map for it :3