com choosing

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by jouwmakker, Jul 1, 2006.

1. jouwmakker

jouwmakker Member

i see lots of problems (especially with the smaller servers) that no1 wanna be com and there get a lot of discussions and stuff while the enemy (if they dont have a problem with com choosing) have a superior advantage in the beginning

my suggestion: at the end of the previous map some1 can vote to be com in the next round for the side he chooses and every1 can vote for their favorite commander and this window will stay till there are 2 com choosed

when no1 wanna be the com after 1 minute (or so) the next map will be loaded and then no1 will be com at start of that faction

when the com is choosed the com spawn immeadiatly in the CV

anybody can understand what i say? is it a good idea?

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I believe they said there would be a voting at the start of the game. Right now the game starts immidiatly when the map is loaded, this should be changed and with that will most likely be the comm vote system at the begin of a round

3. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

just don't load the next map, reset the current one

4. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Member

maybe somthing like round dosent start until both teams have a commander

5. jouwmakker

jouwmakker Member

/|\
    .|
    .|

that is what i meant

damn i suck at explaining

6. katana9000

katana9000 Member

I'm glad to hear that this is finnaly being implemented. But what is to keep the person voted in as com, to remain as the com? Since the problem seems to be that seemingly nobody "WANTS" to be the commander. (I have to admit it is rather boring in comparison. Perhaps something should be done to make it more entertaining. A perk of some sort perhaps?) Anyway just my two cents on the subject.

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

We don't need voting. We don't need resetting. We need commanders. :P (Because there is really not much to do in first seconds of the game for commander)

If it's so hard to see someone trying to command that's better. People will eventually start learning how to command.

If there's at least 1 non-noob in team he will get in CV in 10-20 seconds.

There is nothing to do. If you can't get a commander change server or go to CV. :D

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  8. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

you would think so.