Client-timeout upon connect

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Lollum, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

I don't know what could be causing this.
    Well, I got some screenshots, tried connecting through LAN and external IP (own dedicated ob-server), changing rates... nothing helped.
    http://myfile.ch/?d=C0A522FD4

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  2. Drag

Drag Member

Bumping this. This happens to me too, and about 6 testers I asked to test it. And it happened on the official server aswell. Who has an explanation for this. It makes testing harder. Is it a bug or are we doing something wrong, OB dedicated server + empires = is it supposed to not work?

3. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

yes, myself and weedy werent able to join the testing server a while ago because of these problems

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

If anybody who has server rcon would set the timeout to something higher, you could see if it's the server or just the connection that's timing out.

5. Drag

Drag Member

Well I tried with 5 different machines now (told others to host and such) but good idea, lets try this.

6. Drag

Drag Member

Set the server rcon for timeout from 65 to 140, didn't time out. Set it back to 65 reconnected, didn't time out. Weird. Problem is gone.................?

7. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

It could have been a bug in the source dedicated server which suddenly got fixed by Valve without us noticing it.
    Or did it just work because you changed the timeout to a different value and then back again?
    However, let's go test on the testing server :D!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008