Client FPS & OUT tick rate dropping

Discussion in 'Support' started by recon, Nov 28, 2010.

1. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Client FPS and OUT tick rate drop randomly throughout games, causing lag. Net graph doesn't show anything out of the ordinary (e.g. gaps).

I've noticed this from 2.28 -> 2.3, and I haven't made any changes to my system, which never used to have lag issues in the past. Any ideas on what I can turn down/off to get rid of this? I've already tried setting all the video options to low or off, and installing a fresh copy of 2.3, which didn't resolve the issue.

And before you ask, I did manually apply the particle hotfix to the first copy of 2.3 that I had installed, and I still had this issue.

2. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

a particular map? Also, doing the demo thing mootant asked a bit ago might help as well.

3. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

dont know why but empires gives me crappier framerates when compared to other source mods. especially if there are infantry/tanks or on glycencity.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Glycencity bug was fixed the hotfix.

5. recon

recon SM Support Dev

The map and what the camera is looking at has absolutely no influence on the lag spikes. I can be looking at a quiet area of the base and get a lag spike.

6. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

There is a command that shows everything that is being used on the CPU or something that was once discussed in a thread about district having laggy sounds.

show_budget 1 I think or something like that. It will show EVERYTHING being processed, and give you a good idea if it's the game or the internet connection :o

7. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Interesting. I'll give that a shot.

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Use vprof.