Classic mode: Two methods of victory

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vessboy, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Basically the idea behind classic mode is to convince your enemy's Headquarters to stop funding the battle(end Match).
    I propose two methods of doing this.

-Kill the command vehicle
    -Get a 40% lead in combined player scores

So even a team whose lost ground could claim victory by forcing the enemy to waste assets.I will add a pro and con list after some discussion.

Discuss

2. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

No. Will encourage rediculous point-farming and may or may not be possible in a game anyways.

3. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

point farming? like revives and building? I don't think there's a method for farming points that's any faster then actually playing.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Woot, my entire team of 40 players built commander walls around the base for 3 minutes straight, winning the round!

Epic win by lul forting should be seriously frowned upon in my opinion.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Or make end game weapons actually strong enough to end games..

6. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Metal.. If you got 40 players to cooperate that well. then maybe they deserve to win? Especially by out scoring a team that essentially was shooting fish in a barrel.

7. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Heh, if this gets in, maybe BSID will have a chance against EPIC on the scrims.

8. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

No thankyou.

One thing I like about Empires is that I can be on a loosing team and still have enjoyed an Epic match. ALthough I see a trend towards ticket wins on tank maps like mvalley. Not sure if this is down to an excess of res or if tickets should be increased but I don't like it.

I don't think a scoreboard victory would be fun.

Plus it means we would need to introduce a third faction just for FN!

9. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Do not ever try to list cons/pros. You're not here to judge your own idea.

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The forum rules do say he should do that. No idea why.

11. o_O

o_O Member

1 - suicide
    2 - get revived
    3 - goto 1

12. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Afaik, reviving suiciders doesn't give points anymore, though ...
    Anyways, I think 40% is a pretty unrealistic number and rounds with high player numbers could be only won by getting a very early headstart in points, or they would last ages,
    now on the other hand, often the one on the winning side is building less defense (also often wasting more tickets) and thus get less points but more ress for later use (when research is done etc.), in the meanwhile the loosing team would be actually the winning team. (Would not serve the game well)

Why not going instead for "x points per player more then the opposite team?" That would help to prevent that long games with many players can practically not be won by the 40% condition anymore. (both teams 2000 points f.e., would need a difference of 800 points, with an unstacked team of 32 players each, while in the meantime both still earn points etc ...)
    And low player counts don't ruin every single match because the games over in 3 min due to high different points gain with only a few players.
    But it would leave the prob that ppl with low points would get harassed out of every team. And pointsfarming by going engy and build turret and wall farms,
    So another option "holding 70% of all refs for 5 min" as winning condition maybe?
    If we need an alternativ winning condition ofc, imho we don't.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  13. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Lets just stick with no and leave it at that.

One other way to outscore the other team is to heal on a turret shooting you. this glitch is easiest done on maps with turrets placed. Simply get shot and healed by squad mates, get squad points and regular points for however long you please.

Only takes 3-5 people to do. Can also be used with a gren to arty blast buildings non stop.

Point whoring is not something I would suggest making a viable option for winning a game.

Points scored does not mean one team is better than another. This would also make turrets the worste thing to ever place on a map, because it's a free point towards the other team's victory.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010