Class Identifiers (for 3.0)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ikalx, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I was toying with the idea of Class (and possibly rank) information showing in one of a few ways:

1) when you moused over a teammate along with their name,
    2) a round symbol/icon above the player denoting their class for every teammate to see, or
    3) the class symbol on the back of infantry (as part of the uniform) for all players to see.

*sigh* As i'm obviously so extensively blind that Melee had to show me each class has a different model, it more than demonstrates my point that we probably need a slightly more obvious denotion of class.

2. arklansman

arklansman Member

The only player model that is different is the BE engy. Maybe Krenzo should hire a new character modeler or something. :>

3. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Yea, we definetly need some more chracter models. The scout needs to be more stealthy.

4. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Ghillie suits, anyone? :D

5. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Yeah, and have him on money map. He's like a living bush running all over the map shouting to enemy team: "I'M HERE!! SEE I'M RIGHT HERE!!"

At least they should change depending on maps, as there are some setups for them in hammer.

6. KILLX

KILLX Banned

when a weapon is not in use, it would be good to be able to see it on the player. e.g. a grenadier would have a mine on his hip, a scout would have binoculars somewhere, and engineer a wrench in a pocket, and riflemen should have noticeable body armor.

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I'd certainly like to see main weapons on the backs of players when they are using other weapons. that would look SWEET.

8. KILLX

KILLX Banned

main weapons is OK, but remember, the scout and engineer shares SMG's, so they still need an identifier. something better for the engineer: blueprints in sticking out of a back pocket, and a tool pouch on the front.

9. picard131

picard131 Member

Just use the TF2 models :P

Seriously, though, on Weedy's point of map-based things, if we could get something like JJ45's camo pack to work based on the map, that would be amazing. I'm fine with my selection of urban BE and desert NF, as they work on most maps, but if we could get it based on the terrain that would be sweet.

Oh yeah, and Class Identifiers are kinda useless for me. I just switched the BE engie models with the riflemen ones because I like the body armor better :P But I just tab really quick if I want to know what class the guy in front of me is.

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

That's what I do, however, doesn't work so well with 20 people on yer team ^^

11. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

or if you want to see who the enemy is.

for weapons on the back thing: i think its a bit overdone. besides, knowing if the engy has SMG 1 or 2 doesnt matter too much.