clans, vets and stacks.

Discussion in 'General' started by FN198, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FN198

FN198 Member

the term stacks refers to a team having more players than another, for instance 17v14, or 12v10 etc.

the term "skill-stack" was a joke made by elitist members of the empires community before/around the time of 2.0. they thought that just because they knew more people on a certain team, the team would automatically win.

seems that around the end of 2.12 to 2.24 people assigned to moderating servers punish groups of people for joining the same team because they may imbalance the amount of skill in a team even if the numbers of players on each team is even or has a difference of one.

I am one such victim of the anti-skill campaign.

Just because I am known to be a good empires player, I cannot play alongside a certain number of my friends. How does this make sense?

Here is a quote from Recon, one of the dishonorably discharged from =[BSID]=.
    That was the response I got for trying to appeal my three month ban from his empires servers. Apparently it is a bad thing when clans do what they're supposed to do, work together. Aside from being inspired by bitterness, these attacks threaten empires clans, and teamwork in empires in general. The playerbase doesnt want admins artifically creating their teams so that theres just the same amount of idiots and decent people on each team. When you break groups of people up, seldom do the people in that group feel as motivated to play well.

It seems that the direction empires is going is one that is against competitive play. I've never done anything bad enough in empires to merit a three month ban, but apparently being good at empires, and playing with other people who are also good at empires and happen to be in my clan was a major offense.

I believe that clans keep empires alive. If the policies that the current serverbase has continue to be enforced, I doubt any good clans will arise. Their shortsighted objective is only an attempt to please everyone. Little did they know that you can never please everyone, and in their attempts to they sure screwed over teamwork and camraderie. They teamswitched a good game to having to play with deaf mutes just because you're proud enough to be in a clan to wear their tag.

If you have a problem with clan stacks, I suggest you take to heart the age old saying of, "if you can't beat em, join em". Remember, a clan is a LOT more than a reserved slot in a scrim.
    here are some established clans

BSID bsid-clan.com
    CW commwarriors.com
    EPIC epic-empires.co.uk
    JPL empiresjpl.com

I'll see you on the JPL/ELC servers, brothers

2. communism

communism poof

lol did you get re-banned?
    I thought it was only like for 5 days

3. FN198

FN198 Member

I think I'm gone for good this time around. it was 2 months, then 4, but since there wasn't an option for four, it was made to 3 months.

I mean, at least I could have DDoS'd the server to receive such a lengthy ban. Why get banned for playing with your clan?

4. Demented

Demented Member

DDoSing is always a perma-ban offense. Any admin who thinks otherwise should remember to wipe off his excess lipstick before sucking.

That randomness aside...
    How is it that you get banned for skillstacking and your second go-to server is the ELC? If you were going to get banned from any server for anything related to skill, I'd expect it to be that one!

5. FN198

FN198 Member

you learn new things everyday on the ELC. why should I be banned there?

also of course ddosing is a perma ban offense, I never attacked them but I got punished as if I had for simply joining my friends team.

6. Zeke

Zeke Banned

What a lovely little post you made... its making you look so innocent for those with little facts in their hands, cute ^^
    Buuuttt.... if people read the full ban appeal and know ur history of organising stacks to steamroll noobs... then u dont look all that innocent.
    Personally i can agree that 2 months was a bit harsh, i would settle for 1 month.
    But none the less you needed a punishment so you fkin learn that organising stacks against random pubbies to steamroll them IS NOT OK!
    I find it kinda amusing that you used a 2nd steam account in order to avoid the ban+lying in your ban appeal and by doing so you got a even longer ban length.
    If you crave so much for steamrolling pubbers, then you can do that ALL DAY LONG on FRIDAYS which is STACK DAY on the main server.
    Oh and for those who dont realise it, the whole 3month thing (originally 2) wasnt a thing which "just happend" all of a sudden, it was enforced so that FN (hopefully) learn something and will actually obey the rules in the future. (due to breaking the same rule repeatedly)

Its the same way as when banning griefers...
    First time it might not be so harsh, the 2nd not so harsh but a bit of a pain in the ass.... a third and u get something serious... and as a 4th time you get perma or a severe bann lasting over a month.

At some point you gotta draw the line for those who never learn, you (sadly enough) appear to be one of them.

Now if the case were a normal stack (which occur from time to time for all clans, noone denies that it happends, yet noone deny it happends far more frequently for bsid) then that would be like going in alone and robbing a store, you would get some jail sentance for it etc, yet not all that harsh.

Now on the other hand... when a group of people organise themself and make alliases to go unnoticed and stack against some poor pubbers, then its more like getting a gang and robbing a bank and taking hostages and what not... While being the mastermind of it, you really get fucked when you get cought.

and "I got punished as if I had for simply joining my friends team." is such a pathetic statement that it makes me laugh.

Anyway, please try to learn from some of ur fellow bsid members, they arent all bad so stop corrupting them.

also.... 4-0.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  7. FN198

FN198 Member

you don't understand a thing do you, zeke?
    you're such a pitiful forum troll its only a matter of time before you're banned.

8. Zeke

Zeke Banned

I understand your reasoning yet i dont agree with it, its 2 very diffrent things.

edit: and im not trolling. *cough* except the last sentance *cough*

9. FN198

FN198 Member

you talk about stacking like its some sort of crime. empires is a computer game. I play it for fun, not to cover my insecurities like it would seem for some. What are you trying to say by reminding me of EPIC's loss to BSID? that's off topic, and the language you use to describe stacking is just the kind of attitude I was posting against in the first place. It just doesnt make sense and every time I hear someone regurgitate that shit it makes me want to quit empires.

10. Empty

Empty Member

/me grabs the popcorn

11. FN198

FN198 Member

in b4 the pro's hit this thread and I can't do anything to save it ...

12. Empty

Empty Member

This thread was beyond saving before you pressed 'Create New Thread'

13. Zeke

Zeke Banned

Yes it is indeed a crime while doing it on a server which displays rules which oppose it.
    That rule in specific excist in order to make even games so that BOTH teams can find enjoyment while playing. (i dont find enjoyment in steamrolling newbies either, but thats just me i guess)
    There is plenty of clanners online almost every evening, all you would need to do is kindly ask in spec for all other claners/good pubbies to join the other team if you wish to stack legally.
    This has occured a lot of times and shouldnt be too alien for you and your fellow clanmates, epic (often along with jpl) used to counterstack bsid quite often in the past so that both sides could find enjoyment and motivation to play.
    The server rule is against skillstack (not just being in the same clan), if its near equal skills noone has a problem with it, even if it were 15 bsids on one side.
    There was several discussions about all this in the various ban appeals for the people during the last bsid stack and also in the discussion cpatton started.
    I cant really bother to explain to you why the servers want the games to be as fair and fun as possible for everyone... its kinda obvious, no?

Before this occurance there was another big drama fest on this forum about bsid stacking...
    You may aswell use the search function and read all the stuff which was written there once again... then maybe you would understand why the servers disallow skillstacking.

But... somehow i get the feeling that this long term bann might be just what you needed.

On the other hand, i guess ur thrilled about pwning the super newbies on elc now eh? learning new stuff and all that, right?

Oh well. :s

14. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

One result of the ban from the main server seems to be that more BSID members are playing on the ELC.
    And there stacking is a problem, when new players get owned over and over by clan members.
    Clan members are really welcome on the ELC when they don't just fool around and actually help new players on both sides (don't stack).

15. Cloud

Cloud Member

There should be a "<name> was automatically assigned to <team>" thingy, so that skillstack caused by autojoin can be spotted, and the people not be banz0red. Although not the case here, it might prove useful.

16. Deiform

Deiform Member

When did EPIC lose to BSID? If you mean a round, then yes, if you mean a match, then no.

17. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Stop trolling and then claiming not to troll.

My thread wasn't taken seriously by anyone except Recon, and then nothing was done about it. Even with blatent stacks (admitted by Recon himself when he took a look with me), time stamps, etc. No logs checked even though logs had been checked for the BSID stacks, etc.

In the BSID stacking incidents, the opposing view was taken about "good pubbies". They don't count, becuase they don't talk to eachother outside game. They don't have a clan vent, so they are inherently inferior (even though I hardly find use for a clan vent very often when I'm in game with my clan mates).

In the BSID stacking incidents, I have often asked good players to join one team. Two or 3 months ago I often did so when I was the only one playing. Again I'd like to point out that "good pubbies" seems to justify all the EPIC stacks that happen, but were invalid for anyone else.

I get my clan mates in game a lot, I like to play with my clan mates. Often times I don't give a FUCK about which team they join, I just want to play a game with them, with or against them. FN got us on the same teams, practicing certain tactics or trying out new ones. Sure, why not? Whether they are effective or not, is not known. How helpful we would be to our team, is not known. And we'd win some and lose some, there wasn't a sudden shift in the gameplay.

I MEAN FUCK, in a good many of the games I comm, with no other BSID in the game, I get my team to steamroll the enemy in 3-5 minutes to the point where we have over 75% of the map and the game is already fucking over. You want to ban me for stacking with myself? This was common even in the games I've played over the past 2 days.
    I haven't had a game of money that I've lost in over a week- ALL were essentially won in under 3 minutes with a barracks in the enemy base. This with clanners on the opposing team, yet not one of them reaching arties or nukes or heavies. No stacking required, just tactics. The stacking rules don't make my games last any longer, its only the grace of me counterstacking the clanners (mostly EPICs) all the damn time that lead to any good games these days (at least in the ones I play), and by no means do I see an enforcement of the stacking rule on other clanners. I just played a game yesterday which we almost won against 3 EPICS, some JPL, and others on the other team, and I simply counterstacked their ass (there were a few PRKL members working well together). please note here, this doesn't reflect the potency of all BSID, I'm making a statement about my own contributions alone, as a commander for a team, not a footsoldier

Trickster made claims bigger than those I made above about the entirety of EPIC (EPIC IS WORTH AT LEAST TWO OTHER CLANNERS AND VETS EACH!), but no one gives a shit when they stack? Oh, so there aren't 6 EPIC tags written in the same way on the same team, so people don't bitch at them, but it is as if that makes them less important. Oh, they don't hang out in a vent together, so that makes stacks ok. My issue is that the rules don't accomplish anything, there are members of this game who are so potent they are categories above normal pubbers, and they are clanners and pubbers alike, members of all different clans, and able to accomplish lots of stuff.

I saw 3 EPICs stack against none last night.. thats liek... 6 BSID according to Trickster, so why isn't there some admin pissing all over them? Stacking hasn't subsided, the issue hasn't been solved or lessened, only swept under the carpet or ignored when possible. The only one group who weren't discrete about working together was BSID, and THAT is why they were banned, and tracked. Then their potency is pissed on by trickster, by zeke, and others in the very threads relevant to their banning, and no one cares. Nothing has changed. Stax still happen, short games still happen, but because there isn't ONE BIG GROUP you can point at (or because they don't look like they are all the same group and admins don't seem to care) to say it is all their fault, it is overlooked.

Face it Zeke, if there were 15 BSID on one side VS 15 clanners and "good pubbers", they would all be perma'd right now, because no one seems to give a shit until there is an imbalance of =[BSID]= tags on the teams.

To SIP: Please learn to use your admin on the ELC. Here are a few things you do that are really not what an admin should do:
    1. You never use your admin to put your chat in the log, so people can read what you are saying. You always use CSAY commands. I can hardly catch them. infact, whenever you start using them, I miss the first 2 or 3 jusst cause I don't notice it against the bright sky of whatever map we are playing, and the rest I have trouble reading because they disappear quickly.
    2. You don't use votes. You waited for a map to START, and then suddenly tank wars was turned on, research complete was turned on, and no one knew. It was canyon, and I was prepping my team for a serious game. No vote was put up, no admin messages were sent, not until the commander vote was over, and then CSAY commands started showing up, which I couldn't see. I didn't even realize research complete was a part of it until a minute or so later, I just thought we had tons of resources because that was the CSAY message that came up. I then went over and wall spammed the enemy base so they couldn't build tanks and stuff.
    3. After playing 3-4 maps on ELC with 2 of my clan mates (joining one team or another randomly), on mvalley we ended up joining the same team. Nothing was said to us, we didn't even really notice, NF won all points on the map except BE Main in 3 minutes, and nothing was said. For the next 10 minutes of turtle and tank fest, nothing was said, until I guess you noticed, and you (again through CSAY) warn BSID for stacking, and threaten to ban us... which again I found hard to see in the skies of mvalley. A couple BSID switched teams, but the threat was rather rude, when you could have easily teamswitched us intead of threatening to ban us. This is not the first time you have threatened us when it randomly happens, even though there are plenty of games where we end up splitting our numbers.

18. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Ok, some of you are fucking idiots.

Personally, I'm on the side of people who "stack".

Everyone acts all high and mighty that there needs to be this zen-like balance in empires servers and it's fucking stupid. You can say I don't know what I'm talking about but I've only stuck around because I could play with my friends. It's been 3 1/2 years. How long has your scrawny ass been playing? Hmm?

19. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Um...saying the anti-stack rules don't work doesn't mean that anti-stacking should be scrapped, it means we need a better way of balancing teams.

I don't mind clans stacking against a team that can take it, but the issue revolves around the situation that occurs when you stack against a unskilled team. Because there's much more to do and know in Empires rather than something like CSS, sometimes a simple number of players balance isn't enough. Of course, there's no real way to keep track of skill, so the simple answer was to ask clan members to spread across the two teams when they look imbalanced.

It's not something you don't understand. Admittedly it'd be nice to have a server where this rule isn't always in place, but that can't really happen atm as Empires population isn't high enough. You might see a change when we get steamworks, but for now, you'll just have to grin and bear it.

Edit: HSM, it's really easy to equate this to css servers where there is no teambalancing and l33t 12 year old kids run around "ownz0ring" everyone. Eventually, only those kids hang out there and everyone else goes to a balanced server...right?

20. Demented

Demented Member

Despite what the thread title may seem to indicate, this isn't about clans, vets, or stacks.
    This is about coddling FN and cooing "poor little bunny" so that he'll feel better about his ban. (The rest of you can suck on some lemsip.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.