Charge squad-skill

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lollum, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Currently, the charge squad-skill of the rifleman is a joke compared to all others. The only thing it does is making you have infite stamina. I think it would do way better if it increased the speed by 25% and made you invincible for 2-4 seconds, maybe even increase the accuracy while moving by 15-25%.
    While we are at it, the armor squad-skill should do at least 30% resistance.

2. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

Are you shitting me, Charge is great.

3. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

Unfortunately you can't abuse it with dig-in. :(
    Imagine I could defuse an 8mine with my body and live. :D

4. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

You already can, dig in is bugged, take dig in, sit on a mine and you will probrally take no more then 15 damage.

Charge is a great , and yes, armor could have a buff.

The only serious serious sqaud powers are revive, sqaud hide and artillery strike at the moment.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  5. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

filler

6. Demented

Demented Member

A. It's 5 damage.
    B. He said an 8-mine... Which is, oh, considerably more mines than one.
    I've been ninja-d! Curse you Predator!

7. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

What about if charge does infinite stamina and accuracy like you are proned.

Then the rifleman would have a really usefull squad skill. Just think of 5 rifleman with heavy MG charging into an enemy fortress.

To balance this easily increase the costs or decrease the time.

8. SnowDrakE

SnowDrakE Member

I also like the idea about temporary invulnerability. 6 seconds with more speed and no damage might be all you need to run out behind a wall and sticky 1 or 2 tanks to hell.

9. Falchion

Falchion Member

Minus the invulnerability, enough squad points can make five people invulnerable for 2-3 minutes.

10. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

My idea: Decrease accuracy but increase regular running speed and also 2X stamina (or infinite). Maybe more health/a little invincibility. But not more accuracy! That's ridiculous!

11. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Cooldown.

So you are saying that you are usually very accurate while running and shooting? The point is that you should be more accurate while MOVING, not when proning or crouching.

12. Lazydog

Lazydog Member

Sorry guys, but this suggestion is missing one important suggestion: yelling. All squad members would automatically have their soldiers yelling while they sprint the moment charge is activated. That way any enemies within earshot would suddenly have fear struck into their hearts as they hear 5 soldiers charging their position like there's no tomorrow.

After all every great war movie had yelling whenever the soldiers charge. You can't not do that.

(Ok, so I'm half kidding... but only half)

13. Empty

Empty Member

Automatic taunts after every kill.

14. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

But decreased accuracy is one of the reasons, why current charge is useless. It is pointless to run into an enemy fortress and can't kill anybody on your way because you hit nothing. You only die faster.
    Currently you can only use charge, when there are not many enemies arrounds.
    So I see charge like a Rambo mode for e.g. 15 seconds. Run into a horde of enemies and kill everybody while running. It should be as deadly like arty strikes. Suggested costs: 10 squad points.

15. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Banned

Guys running around with HMGs as if they were death Lasers isnt a very good idea.... How about extra damage instead?

16. OuNin

OuNin Member

While activated, Charge gives no stamina consumption for running (current) and allows you to use up your ammunition without reloading. It's only as good the amount of ammunition you're packing. So for example, if you have the NFHR, you can keep spamming shots until either your total ammunition count is zero or Charge deactivates and you finish the rest of the rounds in your mag.

17. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Why you don't like walking or running guys with HMGs? It would only be for 10 or 15 seconds. So you can charge into an enemy fortress. You need teamwork to be effective and you can be killed like any other infantry.

Nobody has a problem with arty strikes. But to use it you need no teamwork. You can kill everything with it. One arty strike can kill many players at once (full apc or complete enemy team while capturing flag).

18. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Well considering the kind of charge that is most cinematic, it would involve people running forward, shooting, and yelling.

So logically, it should make people move faster, sprint speed as walking speed in fact, but it should only apply bonuses while you're charging, so the bonuses only work while the W key is pressed.

It doesn't boost accuracy, but it does add unlimited ammo, and health regeneration as long as the person is running forwards, so they can take fire and shrug it off as long as they keep advancing. They benefit from moving between cover, but they shouldn't stay still, because that's not a charge.

As they have unlimited ammo they can throw grenades while charging, spam their guns, basically waste ammo, it won't be super effective but it will get a few hits in, and there's no reason not to do it.

It should also make people yell, because yelling is cool.

Functionally, it allows people to move forward faster and with less risk of death or ending up at your destination seriously wounded, which I think is a useful skill on open empires maps.

19. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

Still, 5 guys with HMGs running, yelling and shooting sounds cool.

Without the increased accuracy the unlimited ammo would be useless, we could give them an accuracy buff, or make them have no kick back and a maximum accuracy(max HMG accuracy while proning). And increase the cost.

That would be a great skill,

Other then that, I agree with you.

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

you guys are missing one important thing out here

riflemen using hmg are defenders (more like campers,but whatever), why would they charge into enemy that can gun them down in seconds?

i think that riflemen should have 2 powers: one usefull in defence and one in offence (i know that its just like now, but plain charge and armor are pretty useless)
    first one would decrease damage taken and improve acc and the second one would be charge as it is now + 25% faster reload/shooting or something like that