Changing Highlight Areas

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by MrBojangl3s, Jun 2, 2006.

1. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

As a comm, I find it hard to both highlight my allies, and then target enemies. It's easy to drag a box around them (although a few times it doesn't work right) and then do it, but if I wanted to just click a guy it's troublesome.

Also, if, for say, you wanted to tell a grenader to attack an apc, you have to click the FRONT of the apc, the nose. Why not the middle? I know you can't have the highlight box around the entire apc, because it would be too hard to highlight something small next to it. Therefore, couldn't you have it just be inside the center of it?

2. jambo

jambo Member

yeah , i find it tricky to order units around
    but i usally please my minions by building a vf , get a few bits of reaserch and everyone just does there own thing

3. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

yeah, but I find it extremely helpful to give orders to people, and to give them targets. Remember that the target you give them stays on their HUD, thus eliminating the enemy's ability to hide, forever. Also, from comm you can see a great deal beyon the LOS a normal person does, so you can recon enemies before they even know there is trouble.

Trust me, if you play a game with me as comm, you won't have trouble finding people to kill :)

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

whats the suggestion?

5. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

change the "hit box" of where to click when seleting someing to the middle of vehicles, and make them bigger... i think thats waht he is saying.

anyway, its what i want

6. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

sounds fair, dont have a lot of problems with this myself tho, except having to reselect units.

7. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I have a big problem with finding the hitbox when I play, i would like a bit of a change

8. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Ah, good to see people like this idea! IMO, it would also help out new people, because a frustrated newbie is basically what we all were when we started :/ And we don't want those people turning away.

9. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

actually once i had a comm give me about 50 orders in 5 minutes as he was trying to get me to attack a sniper who kept moving and missing

10. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Yeah, that's been my experience too.

11. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Lol I've done that a few times to people, and it's annoying for both Comm and the player :(