changelog

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Evan, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

ATM the changelog included with 2.0 is like 3989 pages long and has 2.0 as well as ALL the 108 RCs.

I suggest removing all the 108 RCs and all associated changes (bugs created and resolved between RC7 and 2.0)

2. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

there were 108 RCs?

3. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

1.08 <fllr>

4. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

I think there was more than 1.08 RCs... How do you even have .08 of an RC???

5. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

All of the changelogs of the RCs are the 2.0 changelog.

6. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

7. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

But why would anyone who is only downloading 2.0 care about some bug that was created in RC18 and fixed in RC19?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  8. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Same reason someone would care about any other minor and almost non-relevant change and/or detail.

9. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

They're weird?

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Yarr I be the test subject!

"Hey, I played 1.071 back in the day, I wonder what they changed?" *looks in readme* "Oh wait it doesn't say anything about <this> <this> or <this> because it's only from RC18"

It doesna hurt really does it? I mean if you want to take all the references out with regards to tanks and other things that have been reiterated 1 billion times, then that's cool...but overall each RC usually adds a little something that's different and possible stays.

Edit: I just got what you meant. In that case, it's probably better to look at all the things added on and updated from 1.071 and only include those in the readme.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  11. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

In my opinion every single word in the changelog.txt is very important because all those lines tell people how MUCH 1.071b HAS BUGS and how much of them has been FIXED FOR 2.0.

It is a list which will impress anyone who just stumbles over it and decideds to open it. It is the list of improvement. It shows people who got turned off by 1.0 that the 2.0 is really a thousand times better than 1.0.

In my opinion it shouldn't be change to anything. It should stay as it is. It is important part of the mod showing people how much 2.0 has grow from 1.0.

Edit: If I ever started a mod, the first thing, or maybe second, which I would show to people would be the colossal changelog which shows all kinds of improvements, addons, fixes, tweaks and changes to the game.

In my opinion, the bigger the changelog is the more the mod has evolved.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  12. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I'm working on a version of the changelog on the wiki which is exactly what you're saying. Find it on the discussion page of the actual changelog.