Change Radar Structure to another structure.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by dra6o0n, Aug 20, 2008.

1. dra6o0n

dra6o0n Member

Radar should do it's job like a radar and detect enemy structure and visible enemy troops within a large radius of it, and it's soldier.

Example: Radar emits a 100M radius around it, and each ally soldiers would have a 5M radius to help detect visible troops and buildings. Ally troops should be within the Radar's Radius in order for the team to see enemies appear on maps. This can help in a small close combat situation because It works like SOP from MGS4, where whatever your ally sees, you see.

Researching should be attached to a Laboratory, Research Facility, Or Headquarters (HQ), as they are valued more, and should be defended most of the time. Plus, the modelers can give them cooler looking structures and can make it so it has a working gate. Think of a mini fortress for people to defend.

Of course, this idea can be changed or modified in the future to meet the ideal wants.

2. Theslan

Theslan Member

As far as I know, radar does that... with enemy tanks. I didn't pay much attention whether it detects buildings and infantry, but it definitely detects tanks.

It's a common strat for BE to put a radar in SE of emp_slaughter to detect incoming tanks from S/3/5/U-turn bend.

3. Demented

Demented Member

The radar detects vehicles already, but not buildings or infantry.
    Engineer radars are the same, but smaller.
    Cameras detect infantry.

It'd be interesting to have a Laboratory and Radar as separate buildings.
    Though, most base locations barely have enough room for buildings as it is.

4. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I think this has been suggested before (though I can't find a link), because having a radar be your research structure is nonsensical.

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

The radar is actually an uplink tower, which downloads all the research and schematics from the main server. The plans for everything that can be researched can't be carried around as it is too large in terms of data storage, so they must be downloaded. That's why research acts the way it does.

6. Demented

Demented Member

Well, at the very least I'd download the plans for level 3 turrets from an Engineer's calculator.

Also, broadband would be a good investment. :p

7. Geese Howard

Geese Howard Member

What main server.

8. Empty

Empty Member

NF use fibreoptics.

9. arklansman

arklansman Member

Fixed.

10. Empty

Empty Member

Pigeons on vodka.

11. Demented

Demented Member

Pigeons that fly in bullet-time and move entire buildings from other continents onto the battlefield in the blink of an eye. The only reason engineers have to finish the job is because of union obligations.

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Hey, that's just the way I understand it. Although I did kinda put "main server" in there for a lack of a term to use. It's in the story, so have a look for yourself.