Can't use mic in game

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dan (FangZandith), Apr 29, 2009.

1. Dan (FangZandith)

Dan (FangZandith) Member

So, I've tested that my mic in fact works with the recorder on windows. Crystal clear, perfectly fine.

However every time I play on empires no one can hear me. I recently updated my drivers for my C-Media C6501 Like Sound Device. Anyone have any clues? I'm going to try and get rid of all the new driver crap.

2. Alceister

Alceister Member

First, make sure you're actually pressing the microphone key to talk, and that the little speakerphone icon is coming up on the right side of your screen when you press it.

If that doesn't solve your problem...

Check the Options. There should be a sound or voice sub-menu. In there you can test your mic and see if its working or not. Also, see if the mic volume slider is set high enough or not.

After doing everything you can possibly think of, simply restart the computer. That's what I did, and when it rebooted, everything worked fine.

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

halflife2 is always been a little "dodgy" on microphones afaik, keep us updated on your succes

4. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

What button is it tied to ?

5. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

just use hlss or hldj

6. Drag

Drag Member

Don't bind it to mousekeys. There are some other forbidden keys too that I can't list right now. 2.24 maybe has support for mousekey voicebinding.

7. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

no, no one can hear my mic either. for some reason the hl2 client doesn't pic up my mic anymore. It used to be just fine, then it all stopped working suddenly.

8. Dan (FangZandith)

Dan (FangZandith) Member

Metalsmith, I had to update my drivers again. I have it all up and working. I think there was a corruption in my last set of drivers for my mic or something.

Anyways, all a go again.