Can't switch class if voted into Commander.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Chahk, May 27, 2007.

1. Chahk

Chahk Member

Happened to me every time I've started the game by being voted Commander. During that whole round I have not been able to switch class to anything other than what I've chosen during the voting period.

To reproduce:
    1. During commander voting pick any class.
    2. Spawn straight into the Commander view by getting most votes.
    3. Exit the CV, enter Barracks or Armory or stand near Capture Point and try to change class.
    4. The changes will not be applied and you will still be stuck as the class you originally spawned.
    5. ???
    6. No Profit :(
    Getting killed/suiciding doesn't help. Obviously this doesn't happen if you start the game normally and enter the CV mid-game.

P.S. Reported to Mantis.

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Another related greivance is that:

If you vote for someone, you cannot any longer not vote for anyone. for instance, if you decide that you then DON'T want to vote for someone, you can only change your vote, not remove it.

3. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

had you picked a squad and skill thing? I still (at RC11) had the bug with being unable to change class once getting a skill through a squad and then unsquadding.

4. Chahk

Chahk Member

Actually yes, I did. Ever since that functionality was available, I usually join a squad and pick a skill right after the map loads before spawning the 1st time. Since going Comm removes you from the squad, this could be related to that. I'll have to do some more testing.

Good catch, SwampRat.