Cannot contact master list

Discussion in 'Support' started by hunter42, Dec 3, 2007.

1. hunter42

hunter42 Member

I downloaded Empires on sunday (2/12/07) night and only managed to play about 10-20 minutes of the game before i had to log off. I wanted to show my friend what it's like, but everytime i tried to find a server, i keep getting a message telling me that the master list could not be contacted.

So far i have:
    checked our wireless internet to make sure it's working,
    checked if steam could find servers and it could
    tried another game (counterstrike) to see if i could find and join servers (i can)
    disabled windows firewall and enabled COMODO (which is annoying since it keeps telling me what is happening)
    vice versa
    restarting steam
    restarting my computer

Nothing so far has worked. Please help, i really like Empires and really enjoyed what i saw on multiplayer for the short time i could.

2. Silk

Silk Mapper

If you're searching for a server in steam, try to open empires first and search for a server in there. If not than try searching for a server in steam without starting up empires first.

Check the folder where empires is installed. The folder name should be: Empires

I noticed if it's anything else you won't find servers.

3. Chahk

Chahk Member

Do you have a router with built-in firewall? Make sure the Steam ports are being forwarded to your PC.