Can we remove plasma? Please?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by recon, Jun 17, 2008.

1. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Plasma is a nice idea on paper, but in practice, it just makes tank battles really boring. It's almost like there isn't any skill involved.

Can the devs remove it from the research tree?

I know some of you like it, but having someone shoot you 5 times and then not being able to shoot back and just waiting for them to kill you really sucks.

2. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

1. Plasma is hardly ever rech so dont know why ur complaining in the first place.

2. Plasma is balanced by haveing a huge heat output.

3. There is a little skill involved because it does ok dmg and the heat add to the enemy is not that high.

4. There is already a call for a re-balance of plasma so plz use the search button.

^^^^

3. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

I've never had any problems with plasma, usually no one researches it...

When in doubt, go for Biodiesel. c.c

4. Mr.Bungles

Mr.Bungles Member

wow recon, youve been doing alot of complaining lately.

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You can remove it yourself, but it will only take effect on servers if you edit the server's research_items.txt file.

6. arklansman

arklansman Member

There are two plasma weapons. ;)

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Code assumes that scripts are the same on client and the server so it could crash the game. In other words don't fuck with the scripts.

8. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

1 tank with a plasma-cannon doesn't hurt, but more than 2 do. It's the same with nukes, you can actually kill one lone nuke-tank quite easily, but if there is more than 1, you will have problems.

9. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Uhhh, not really. Nukes do well in numbers because of their large splash damage that will hit multiple tanks/red multiple tanks and because after 1 you can pretty much keep anything permanently redded.

For example against a group of 5 tanks in choke point in slaughtered 1 nuke tank would do 200*5 = 1000 dmg/10 = 100 dps. Whereas HE will still only be able to hit one target(yes blah blah you can dmg two with he, dps is dumb cause like nuke doesn't do full in all radius and like u miss with HE. I get it but just go with me here) and have a dps of 37.5(?). Plasma cannon will perform the same as HE here your not going to be hitting extra targets with it. Except of course your talking about a situation where two plasma tanks come across one nme tank in which case.... 2 tanks>1 tank usually.

10. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Last time my clan did a training with tanks, BE had mostly plasma cannons. The teams were even. And our plasma-tanks could beat NF's tanks.

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

It's funny how dramatically nerfed plasma and scout rifles were and yet they still dominate...

12. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

There are soooo many ways to counter plasma.
    The problem are the players that are to stubborn
    to change their tactic if the enemy rolls out plasmatanks (or bio or nukes)

13. Empty

Empty Member

It's generally not the players at fault for not changing strat, I find that many commanders are so intent on railheavies they don't improve their tanks and I just send superlights, does the comm switch quickly to something which can hold them off long enough to hit heavies? No. He gets panicked as we get forced further and further back screaming procedurally 'TEN SECONDS TO IMPROVED CHASSIS HOLD OUT FOR 8 MORE MINUTES TIL I GET ADV COOLANT AND I'LL UNRESTRICT'