Can I haz squad lead? by Spawwn

Discussion in 'Dev Blogs' started by Empires Dev Blog, May 23, 2010.

1. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

actually all the flags bleed 1 ticket worth every 100 seconds, so the basic 3 flags you have bleed the enemy 3 every 100, and if you have the middle you bleed 4 every 100. The old bleeders and ones after that though bleed 2 every 100, so if you cap the bleeder you bleed the enemy 6 every hundred and they bleed you 2 every 100.

2. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

conspiracy!

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Vote unpromote would be nice because you could have a noob that doesn't know how to use squad powers but you don't really need to kick him out and vote kick can be for douches.

4. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Do you have any idea how egotistical this sounds? :p

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It's not egotistical, it's the truth. Countless times I've won the game when we've been just about to lose.

By far the best comeback I've ever seen in my life was by Sonecha though.

Emp_canyon
    NF have the entire map and have heavys, BE have the hill.
    The whole of BE is dead except the comm and Sonecha.
    Sonecha slays the comm, takes the CV, and hurtles towards the enemy comm, going through fuck knows how many heavys.
    Gets to the NF comm, slams into him and turns him to shield against the turret wall. He then drops walls himself.
    He jumps out of the CV and throws everything he has at the NF comm. Squad arty, RPG, mortar. This is whilst there are Heavys with an assortment of weaponry, some with 50cal, shooting at him over the walls, and he's dancing like a fucking jackrabbit to avoid it.
    He then kills the NF comm as 1 vs 22, being the last on his team.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

are there statistics? i almost dare to bet squadpower useage is about 1:50 (classic:district) ...

and i dont mean you superelite players that exploit each situation of the game to its maximum (which you actually dont, but i dont want to disturb your little worlds) :rolleyes:

7. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

No, egotistical would have been if I referred to my squad as "the five-man arty strike point generator machine". Which I totally have never done. Ahem.

It probably is. But you could argue that this is not desirable. Like you said: it's better when it supports one of the FPS/RTS aspects. I argue that this will (or at least can) support squad-level teamwork, which is a core gameplay aspect. Right now few people actually become SLs because they are willing to do what their name implies, which is lead a squad.

8. Trickster

District is a small map. The radius of getting squad points will usually engulf the entire area you're pushing. UC and Glycen are bigger but it's not too far off. Squads in the S-bend of slaughtered generate fuck tonnes of points too. It's not about Classic:district, it's about size. Size matters Flasche.

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I'd still use it on a classic map. That's what really makes squads a bonus - lots of people use them on close combat maps, but on a classic map, not many people are expecting to run into someone using squad points.

It still happens though...I do love that feeling when i've stuck with my squad and just realise I have enough points for 3 or 4 arty strikes to take down a persistent enemy rax that just won't die. Or when you get to revive two guys out of the blue to you, and you're in a dire combat situation...which just slanted the odds in your favour :D

10. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

This.

fil

11. Empty

Empty Member

Do you all know how many rounds I've lost with a ground advantage 50 ticket lead and on BE?

Too fucking many.

12. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

Nice feature - long overdue.

So Sonecha had to use an admin command to win? Interesting.

13. Trickster

The commander refused to get out of the CV and just wanted to die, and people were dead so they couldn't F S SPACE. That's basically griefing imo.

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

the reason people on district get squad points is that there isn't much space between squad members, but the imbecilism of players that just form unintentionally together don't go together, which is bad, I always use squad points to arty strike or use charge when trying to rush up the lines.

15. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

We could of used this in the JPL vs BSID game we had. One of the nicer things we did was a very fast squad revive, and having it be even faster would be really nice. Where is them bloody commintariesssss?!

16. communism

communism poof

Pickled had a stroke editing them, he hasn't been making people cry on the forums lately either

17. Comand'zorz' Asz

Comand'zorz' Asz Member

NOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO!
    VoteSquadLead

18. TrItOn

TrItOn Member

Leaders!

We needed that since v1.8?! Great we finally have some power over greifs again. Thanks! I could have used that on District 402 yesterday.

:D

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Is spawwn still alive?

20. Trickster

He shows up once a month, does a small feature, leaves again.