"Busta Wall Tank"

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by AcePremium, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

I totaly vote it apc only feature.

2. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Maybe it's a thing that goes in the grenade slot that acts as a weapon that only affects walls. It's a sort of long-reload thingy that deals a ton of damage that negates the wall's damage absorb, like a focused seismic grenade, that'll break through a wall for the APC to get through. Good?

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I would rather it be a an apc variant with 1mg slot only and 1-2 extra lvls of armor in the front of it. ohh and only holding 4 ppl excluding driver. Probably should have like a ram in the front of the tank like those ramming tanks the SWATs have. ===|

For the life of me I can't find a single Fing link to a ramming tank but, I know they exist because I have personally seen them.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

They look "cough" stupid "cough" but yes they exist ^^

5. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I think walls should be mounted with mines, so when someone thinks that a heavy tank can just uberly destroy anything no matter what, he blows up.

Walls make defense possible, and prevent blitzkriegs.(sp)

6. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

Key to the city ftw.

7. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

I be leave I suggested something like this months ago for the heaves... Krenzo posted a few times and seamed interested but never took a official side in the discussion.:(

8. Noskillz & Nokillz

Noskillz & Nokillz Member

Why not make a 3 slot Ramming weapon and make it only useable for APCs?

9. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

yeah thats the tiket!

10. AcePremium

AcePremium Member

Yeah that could be a good idea. It would also be cool to add the model of the ramming weapon on the APC.

11. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Yeah and dont forget to write Mr.Plow on the side of the apc ;)

12. Demented

Demented Member

Make it an armor choice. Something like Detonating Armor, deals tremendous damage back in collisions.

Then someone starts building 3-phase jeeps for ramming...

13. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

they already do that...

14. Demented

Demented Member

But this time it will be different! This time the players won't laugh! They will stand there, in shock and horror, jaws fallen to their ankles at the sight of a million jeeps, a million of them! A million jeeps armed to the teeth with explosive armor, charging forth like a sweeping mass of zerg, overwhelming anything and flowing over like a wall of water! A tsunami of jeeps! Nothing shall stop them! Heavy tanks will be like speedbumps! Walls will crumble as jeeps spiral in the wake of their ashes! Buildings will wink out of existence and infantry splattered like water balloons before this unstoppable rushing tide of jeeps!

Or you could make APCs even more useful.
    I'd rather the NF get combat tractors, though.

15. AcePremium

AcePremium Member

This was the funniest crap I've heard all day.

On topic: Eh so yeah a lot of these idea can be mixed for balancing and stuff like that.

16. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

have you ever seen lings attacking a line of medics/marines? the lings that do make it to them don't do shit.

anyhow, giving people more reasons to spam jeeps is a bad idea. Armor that blows up is a bad idea. Just a bad idea.

It's more of a principle of warfare than anything else.

17. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

A while back mines could be stuck to anything including veichles; so in short, any suicide type of veichle or armor is a BAD IDEA...

The APC is already powerfull enough; fully loaded with a team, it can be deadly; to give the APC a breaching option would make it a better base killer... The reasoning behind giving to a heavy is because it makes sense; its a heavy tank after all, alot heavier than some car and people inside; also heavy tanks don't spawn troops...

I really like the idea of where the unbuilt walls can be crushed and take damage, while fully built ones function as they do now. This would truly be the solution to where wall spam is a problem. There is no way in hell a team is going to waste building every wall...

18. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

well thats why I suggested a variant of an apc... I never said the thing should spawn... just carry 4 ppl.

Probably something that should be researched to unlock the wall crusher.

Giving the wall crushing option to heavies would make sense but, would totally end the money map for the first team to get heavies. lol

If your going to give it to heavies, at least make it an item that has to be equipped like a self recharging RAM that can jolt out and hit the wall when you get up close enough to use it(point blank). Should take 2 maby 3 hits to take out the wall. Make it a 3 slot weapon. After all we arn't talking about something that is weak this baby has force! I would love to see some serious kick back from using the RAM too.

If your going to go the route of "FULL RAMMING SPEED MR. SULU " then I suggest that the tank loose armor HP equal to the HP of the wall he just smashed. NO armor = probably dead tank. This way if your going to smash a wall.. get armor with high HP.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I don't know how hard it would be to make a tank able to crush walls but this seems like a little too much for somthing small like being able to knock over walls.. I don't see why a team would research an apc that can't spawn people but can take down walls.. Which an apc with engys could do with out wasting res and time on the research..

I don't think we should balance this game based on the map money lol

Heavys are somthing you get to end the game and if some commander walls off the path to his base and you happen to be a gren your giant tank which can destroy anything in game cannot take out or even roll over a 2 foot high wall? Heavys need to seem more powerful.. And I think this would help

20. AcePremium

AcePremium Member

What I'm mainly suggesting is some vehicle. (Pref. a large one) to be able to crash down a wall.