Bursting with ideas!!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bctech, Oct 7, 2008.

1. bctech

bctech Member

O shit you actually are viewing this. My thanks to you kind person. some were in the text is a secret message, right then the only way to receive the location to the cure of the hypnosis you have just received is hidden in the text so make sure to read it all or you will have an unbearable urge to tk your comm. vehicle next game you play.

:beaten_imp:

Fine no more staling onward!

Bc-Tech's uberific suggestions!

1) More defensive structures in general/manned defenses in specific

Plz do not tell me that when you’ve been playing empires you’ve never had the urge to jump behind a large stationary weapon and butt rape the armada of incoming armada of nuclear equipped nf heavies. I believe there should be some kind of comm. deployable structure that troops can have as a place to snipe or defend like a bunker linked to the maintenance tunnels that are supposed to be included later in the game. Mainly I’m calling for more defensive options, 2 is NOT enough.

2) Player wallets.

Players should receive a minimum amount of credits or other currency from each kill or could be salvaged from wrecked vehicles or building which they could spend in difrent ways like: donating to the cause, buying self upgrades, buying implants, new weapons, and other things.

3) Implant facility for BE

Structure dropped by comm. That player could buy implants from with money of there own (above), or resources. Players will have to have a limit on these.

4) Boosters and Bio-Engineering faculty for NF

The NF version of the Implant faculty.

5) Advanced weapons factory

A structure dropped by comm. That a player can buy advanced weapons. There should be some class specific some generally available.

6) Special Squad Leader Class

First person in a new squad must be one. Maybe some special tools for commanding squad. Should be able to be voted out of spot by other members. Acts like own class.

(WARNING #6 is sketchy I know don’t complain)

7) More build items for engineers

Remote controlled spy bots any one?

Ok im done for now stupid white screen is making my eyes bleed i might leave more suggestions later these are just sketchy ideas.

P.S.
    there was no hypnosis sry ;)

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

X.x

Pls no natural selection kthxbai

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  3. bctech

bctech Member

errrr

did that make sense to any one?

4. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Yep.

<filler>

5. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Seconded.

6. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Natural selection is a HL mod similar to empires. Sorry but people around here just expect you to know things.

7. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Oh, where to start :). First off, thanks for making suggestions but you might want to read this before continuing. Now onto the specifics.

See above link, check under 'Buildings'

See above link. I think these are too much CSS or NS-like (not that they are bad, but don't fit into Empires very well). (NS = Hl1 mod Natural Selection)

Great idea! Thankfully the devs thought of it first and it is a part of Empires currently.

See above link, check under 'Miscellaneous'

I'm always happy to see new people playing/enjoying/involving themselves in the Empires community, but its generally a good idea to do a bit of research and hard thinking before making a suggestion. Also, having one suggestion per thread is usually easier for people to read/understand.

8. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i think he meant having to be a squad leader before forming a squad.

9. bctech

bctech Member

What i meant is if you join an empty squad you automaticly switch from your class to a squad leader class next time you die. like class as in gren scour rifle so forth. the squad leader whould be able to be voted out of spot just like commander.

Also the implant and bio engineering could be like vehical factory were you use team res and could be locked
    it came to me from readying the story. like it said in the story the war is over incompatable technology so why not implement side specific facultys not just things with same name and difrent model.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  10. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

I would rather chew a mouthful of thumb tacks than be forced into a special squad leader player class.

As-is, Squad Leaders are just fine (though it would be nice to be able to vote them out if they're refusing to use squad points), because you can be any class as a squad leader, and the different classes allow you to use varying squad skills that affect your entire squad.

To force the squad leaders to be a specific class destroys such things as squad revive, squad hide, artillery strike, instant heal, and the many other squad skills available to different classes of squad leaders. If there were a squad leader class that gave made all of these squad skill choices available simultaneously, squad leaders would be overpowered and a bit unfair.

11. bctech

bctech Member

i specified no loadout but maybe the squad leader could be a class with leader things that affect his squads performance, and that creates more team work it whouldent have to be overpowered and you could not have to be it if your only on in squad maybe it should be optional for groups and any one in a squad could choose to be squad leader class if there wasnt one already.

or maybe he could act as a healer along with this he could drop med packs or somethin idk or maybe have a tool that made a request to the comm for a building at a certain point based on building the squad leader chooses and at the point hes pointing at