Burst Fire Mode for Assault Rifles

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Jimather, May 21, 2006.

1. Jimather

Jimather Member

i find myself often going through my ammo way too quickly. This game for reasons i am not sure about requires a large number of bullets flying around. im not definite if this contributes to lag but probably.

I suggest that we have a burst fire and single shot mode on the Assault rifles. It would cut down on the number of bullets flying around and would make aiming easier and increase peoples hit rate.

Make it so you can only change modes with a full clip, forcing a reload between mode chanegs and therefore a delaying period for balance of the advantage given (or some other delaying mechanism) and people will not be able to quickly switch between modes therefore obtaining an unfair advantage.

people are saying that things are hard to hit and one way to solve this problem is giving them another method to control their fire.

i know we have different weapons that cover different roles with different firing modes, but they are stronger in their different ways, than the assault rifle would ever be with in its different firing modes. this does not make the riflemans choice of weapons pointless.

i dont think this would make it too easy, as you still have to aim up and fire before he does, i do think it would cut down on the crys for ammo, the amount of server traffic and player frustration with their rifles.

EDIT: Yes i know it can be scripted. needs to be accesible to all tho without fancy nerd shit.

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  2. Lime

Lime Member

For sure....cant agree more.

3. Nato

Nato Member

I am confused how burst fire would help with ammo consumption... single shot i can sorta understand but as of right now if you are quick enough with your clicking you can keep short controlled bursts with the full auto. It takes some practice but it does about the exact same thing..

4. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

Isn't the rate of fire already obscene on both rifles?

5. Ermm ok!

Ermm ok! Member

I like jimanthers idea.

The problem is that what makes these guns effective is there spread and low recoil. In single shot mode they wouldnt be accurate enough to get kills at range and would still use quite alot of ammo.

Personally i think the assault rifles should be more accurate with alot higher recoil and a burst/single shot mode. As it is the (BE mainly) assault rifle behaves more like an SMG with stupid range.

6. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

Burst mode would slow down the rate of fire, make the rifle more controllable aswell limit bullet waste wich is rather hard to achive with a high rate of fire weapon thats fully automatic...

7. Jimather

Jimather Member

so any objections to me doing a pro/con ?

8. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I agree fully. I usually burst fire with the NF rifle at medium to long ranges, after about the third bullet the spread usually dictates I hold my fire and burst again. A burst function for the NF rifle would be super useful. For the Bren rifle, not so much, but only because of it's obscenely accurate fire.

9. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

just do a manual burst yourself, i do fine with that... well, im never a rifleman but i still do fine as engi/scout (yes, i go rifle 1 as NFscout)