Bunkers

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Slithzerikai, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I see buildings very rarely used in combat. Occasionally you see an armory or barracks pop up, only to be taken down shortly after... or never if there is massive ground conquerations.

What if you, for a big price (say R600) and barracks build time, you could put down a bunker for infantry to hide in, a complex with 4 turrets (2x MG 2x ML) on four 70° angles (leaving a doorway) with them being of current research level, but also something infantry could hide in and maybe shoot out of on a small second level with gun ports.

I doubt this will happen or actually help with anything, it's something that popped into my head when I was reading through the props topic somewhere on the forum.

2. Gunnery Seargent Hartman

Gunnery Seargent Hartman Member

I guess with the new ai turrets and squad/commander deployable/armory buyable, mannable turrets / artillery pieces we'll have more frontline "buildings" already.

Bunkers are a little problematic since you can't easily alter level geometry, making going below the ground impossible (atm.).
    That's why the tunnels aren't ingame I presume, too.

3. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Well, I mean bunkers as in, just a small complex on the ground with one turret level, one gun port level. It would cost the price of multiple turrets nearly doubled because it would have additional cover and health.

4. Gunnery Seargent Hartman

I know that, but it's not really a bunker if it's completely above ground level. :P

Additionally I think the "turret platform" would be less practical than the already proposed "advanced walls" with gateways, firing positions, turret attachments etc.

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Quoting yourself is FUN :D

Search button is FUN :D
    http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?p=10152#post10152 <- "Bomb Shelter" thread

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  6. Gunnery Seargent Hartman

That outdated and derailed (I even helped derailing it) thread doesn't exactly fit, ya know?
    Slith isn't at fault for not searching.
    Especially since necromancy isn't that popular overall.

You are however welcome to repost your idea here.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  7. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Shinzon beat me to it.

Necrophilia is alright here.

Continue an existing thread and from there on make a post with pros and cons in the "organize stuff" sticky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.