Bundle most of the scout skills into one skill.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Metal Smith, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Scout should get a basic skill called stealth.

-Gives the "hide" effect to lower transparency to 50% (does not change on touching objects). Drains stamina as currently suggested/planned. Activates when a button is pressed.
    -Scout does not show up on the minimap
    -If a scout has been targeted by another player, the target is wiped
    -Scout kills are no longer reported in the kill messages.
    -Scout is also invisible to radars while driving vehicles.

3 of his current skills mixed into 1 skill. Makes it possible for scouts to get other skills that are useful, like melee upgrade, speed upgrade, or stamina upgrade. This also encourages the scout to run up and melee people, which will counter the idea that scouts should sit back and snipe people.

Scouts will become the new flankers. They will be useful. They may even become, heaven forbid, necessary.

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

ya cuz I want more people driving a jeep up to my barax and punching 5 ppl before getting killed. </sarcasm>

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I disagree a bit, that's probably overdoing it.

The way I see it:

Radar stealth should include being in and out of a vehicle, but doesn't include engy buildables, only commander.
    There should be a skill for having turrets be unable to target you (although some system where it only locks onto you if you run directly in front of the gun could be cool), as well as being invisible to engy buildables like cameras and radars.
    Hide in the new form (More like Neotokyo/Crysis) should be a skill.

Weapon silencer is awkward, because whilst I like the halved volume, the lack of kill message is ruined by the fact that a couple of servers have kill stat report anyway. On top of that, I like to rub my victim's face in it. I would happily incorporate the half volume into another skill, but the kill message removal is a bit pointless.

4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

The idea is that you need 3 scout only skills at least to make the scout useful. Something you can't do until 10 minutes into the game if you HAVEN'T been playing scout. I don't think scouts get a score that high on a regular basis.

The idea with the hide being a neotokyo is interesting. Another thing I found interesting is that someone suggested tying it to your stamina. Mix the two and leave it's ability to be invisible to turrets, and you'll have a scout that can either flank real quickly behind the enemy and take out repair engies or a scout that can run up and disable enemy turrets very similar to the spy in TF2.

I think this would really increase the possible pace of gameplay. It would definitely increase the strain on players to keep an eye out for scouts.

Also, letting engy camera see through scout hide would be a good touch I think.