building spark

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ^Dee^, Aug 31, 2007.

1. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

That light/spark when you're building something. Can I tone this down a little? I can't look at my monitor when building cause it's too bright and strobey.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

its the siezure tool

3. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Damned Be The Sparks!

4. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Muck around with Contrast some? Maybe I just don't pay attention, but it doesn't annoy me at all; I have my contrast and brightness toned down a bit though. Might also be a CRT vs LCD issue (if you have a CRT...I'm using an LCD which I find to be kinder on the eyes.)

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Its more the flashing thing... The welder in NS was the same thing... If you got a headache or are photosensitive, the welder was like a drill to your brain...

6. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Or you could just brighten up the room that you're in? You shouldn't be getting eye strain if the ambient light is bright enough. If it's something medical though, I can see the flashing being a problem.

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I was disabling cl_gammaramp in NS to use welder. :)

8. REX

REX Member

I rarely actually see it, beceause I have a habit of starting the build and then press b and let go of the button and just stand there until the noise stops and I hear the building done sound. :) found that out in the earlier version before always getting into squad and getting the build upgrade as it is tirering to hold it down all the time.

9. Silk

Silk Mapper

You could just open the score board (tab) when building, release the build-button, and release the tab button. That way you will continue to build as well, but without having a window open obscuring your view.

10. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Damn, I'd love to be a nearby enemy scout when you're building.

11. REX

REX Member

I am very aware of where I am on the map so I mostly look down towards the ground so I have a clean view of the ground level in front of me and see all movement..... in a lovely 16:10 aspect. It is a very relaxing method when building an entire new base