Building Foundations

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by J_4mes., Apr 5, 2008.

1. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

Rather than having a BIGG ASS Vehicle factory [as an example. i hope this idea would be used for all structures] why not have a simple foundation [no need for animation] that covers the BASE size of the structure but not the height, so its not snipered off at 100km by a rail cannon

2. Demented

Demented Member

But... Big buildings are fun!

3. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

i would say that it's not so bad if the building is big as much as there be no inequity in the building heights. I.e. be rax vx nf rax. but this is being addressed, and dealt with.

4. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

It would sure give people the chance to build the building first, before it is tore down by shells again from several miles away.

5. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

sorry i badly worded it, what i tried to say was 'IN the building process' not permanantly change the size height

6. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

This would be good to an extent. But how bout we change this around so that half the building is built up and looking like it's under construction, so that people and such can't get stuck in the building if it's built up while they are inside of it?

Like, barracks would be hittable this way, but it isn't a target like... say... the sears tower.

7. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

Have it so there is still a player clip, so players can't enter where the building will exist, so basically the walls are invisible and weapon fire passes threw them, but players can't pass threw them.

8. Demented

Demented Member

Too bad we can't have the buildings raise like walls.

Well, we could, but when some dolt parks the CV on top of the vehicle factory before people can build it, bad stuff will happen.

9. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

but my overall point is that a building cannot be invulnerable while unbuilt, or a barracks being placed means it is invincible until built, and then you are unable to place your own.

10. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Not if the building starts at 25% or more of it´s height.

11. petemyster

petemyster Member

if it's invunerable when its being build, what stopping a commander sealing off a whole base in unbuilt barrack's? Sure infantry could go though, but the enemy couldn't dismantle/destroy it for the tanks to get through...

12. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

Its not invunerable, just shorter, so instead of this instant tall wall, its now a block of concrete on the ground, making it harder to hit.

13. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Anything to stop a vehicle factory from being visible from the whole other side of the map, and being able to get hit from 55,000 kilometers away.

14. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I like this idea.

15. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

A build up animation would be awesome, or atleast the building starting without collision, there was a discussion somewhere on this, dno what the conclusion was.