Bugs or Just video glitches?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Melee, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Melee

Melee Member

Ok I seem to get what I believe might be Bugs quite often but unless I can confirm they are game orientated and not just me being dumb or my computer playing up I feel cautious about posting them in Mantis.
    1. probably 1 outta 10 times a maap loads this happens :>
    [​IMG]
    Yea I know my comp/video sux but it is worse after some RC's, I think 2c26 gave me the least probs. whilst having invisible walls is really good for spotting invisible enemies it makes traversing a map very dificult lol. To cure it I have to totally reboot steam/empires almost as if summats stuck in memory?
    2.On SOF i was the only player to join BE and voted myself comm, but when I spawned it was in the RAX?
    3.On SOF there are locations that can be accessed easily using wall/building that could be an exploit and i dont mean by mining a apc into out of bound locations.
    4.Very occasionally whilst firing a missile,nuke it seems to fire from a short distance away from the tank about 2-3 foot away from turret .
    5.using squad skill respawn sometimes respawns you inside or stuck to walls, floors.

All these things and probably more are very dificult to reproduce all the time and report effectively, even when I go on during the day and no ones on, I try to get a base built do some research and check things out but then people come on and say hahaha ur not testing and jus destroy/end the map.
    This happens every day and after being on SOF today with Hasche we were sussing things out but then 3 members of a clan came on, stacked NF and igmored our requests not to attack.
    MY point here is not to moan but just to clarify ONE thing , there might be more issues-problems to find but unless more research is done into higher weapons/missiles addons etc how do we know they work accordingly.
    Its a bit like the commander building a vehicle in his own vf bug. you wouldnt find it until that one occasion when in game you really need to use that function. When some of say we are testing stuff it is met with derisory comments which doesnt help.
    If anyone has any bugs that they are not sure of post them here and i will try to confirm them before posting in mantis with screenies/vids so long as The maps stay on long enough.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ....... any idea whats going on in these screens?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Yeah, it's because grizzly set some entities without a collision mesh as having one. It's no big deal.

3. nhammen

nhammen Member

The more I look at this image, the more confused I am. Those "mickey mouse heads", as I shall call them, are casting shadows. Shadows are pre-compiled. I don't see how a surface that was not compiled into the map could possible cast shadows, much less cast shadows on other surfaces that were not compiled... I think that this is the most intriguing bug I have ever seen in the Source Engine...

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary there.

5. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

It's odd that the geometry disappeared, but there is nothing unusal about the lighting in that image. Those "mickey mouse ears" look like the individual pieces going into the contruction of a round building. The gaps between them are supposed to be filled with a brush entity of some sort, probably a func_detail. Because of their (individual?) status as entities, the brushes dont get faces removed by vBSP, and so vRAD proceeds to light them.