Bugs, Exploits, and more!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Qwerty, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwerty

Qwerty Member

Buglog of v1.05b (Brenodi Debugging):
    -Comm. Vehicle (CV) is immune to water damage if you fall into it from a height while in the F2 Mode, and will forever be immune to the water.
    -Comm. Vehicle bobs in the water, and usually manages to go upright, allowing it for the best ability to be immune to water permanently (although it might not make too much of a difference).
    -You can build anything in the water, construct, repair, and use them. Deep water is great to hide structures in - important structures that is. See screenshots #21 (above surface allows) and #25 (underneath surface doesn't allow).
    -When you walk inside the vehicle bay of the Vehicle Factory and go to either of the left or right corner, you can fall in between the wall and the railing (that you can also go through, no jumping required!) and suddenly be inside the structure. However, you can only move along that margin of space, despite seeing the nude parts of the structure. See screenshots #3, #4, #9, and #10.
    -Some crates from structures like the armory and barracks, you can completely go through. You can crouch in them and be part of the environment (great for snipers!).
    -You can use rocks, cliffs, and water to get on top of the vehicle factory, which has some thick rectangular prism pieces on top that you can crouch and hide inside (great for snipers!).
    -You can also use objects to get on top of the armory to hide inside the little blocks at both ends (great for snipers!).
    -You can use objects to get on top of the radar and hide in the center (great for snipers).
    -You can get on top of the bunk beds in the barracks by being boosted up at the end of any bed (as far as I know) and getting on top of it while being crouched. Water makes it very easy depending on how flooded the barracks is. You can also walk over some 'invisible' platforms between the beds. An ok place for hiding, especially in one of the corner bunkbeds (great for snipers!).
    -Although thirdperson can only be used when sv_cheats is set to 1, when the engineer uses the repair/construction device in primary fire for the first time during his life (this can be repeated by respawning), a silent muzzle flash will appear with a shotgun shell that bounces around and disappears. See screenshot #31.
    -To get on top of the purchase terminal in the vehicle factory, jump on the railings first. Align yourself with the purchase terminal and attempt to sprint, jump, and crouch (in combination) on top of it. You may need someone to boost you if you're too wimpy. :D

Suggestions on the way:
    -An idea that I might add is enabling the thirdperson effect for passengers and the driver in vehicles so that their perspective on the vehicle doesn't look terrible and that they rotate around the origin (the vehicle as a whole). This could be toggled by the player himself whether he wants the 'old' view or the 'new' view (this being the new). For tanks, maybe the head of the tank can rotate on the base of the tank. The head of the tank could be locked onto the camera, so wherever you look is where the head will rotate itself and look. You can move your crosshair up and down for aiming. Maybe just let the crosshair go free will on your screen while the camera is locked onto your vehicle from the behind using the thirdperson effect. You can aim freely on your screen and move your turret in what you see. To rotate your head further, you have to rotate the tank altogether. These are 3 or so different styles of thirdperson that could be implemented. See screenshot #32.

Memos and Notes:
    -Yes, the CV does get damaged if you drive it into the water or fall off something into the water unless you fall into it while in the F2 Mode. Since I was only able to search for exploits by myself, I have not tested whether this CV immunity can be performed by being shoved into (without any falling involved) water while in F2 Mode.
    -Also I am sure you do know, if you change resolutions from (example) 800x600 to 1600x1200, the HUD/GUI Images do not automatically switch to the compatible sizing and actually make it almost impossible to use any of the functions without restarting the client (which would allow the resizing processes to happen).
    -Again, incase you are a little puzzled, I had only been testing and using Brenodi Empire technology. No Rebel technology was involved, except for mass murdering AI Bots that were suspended in air in the middle of the emp_isle map to be promoted quicker. :P
    -Either it's because I'm using thirdperson or because there are no proper swimming animations for the player models. See screenshot #12.

Here are some screenshots of my fabulous Brenodi debugging and testing for exploits. The resolution I originally used was 1600x1200; the screenshots have automatically been resized through Photoshop down to 800x600 for a greater level of user-friendly downloading and viewing.

1) [​IMG]
    2) [​IMG]
    3) [​IMG]

2. Qwerty

Qwerty Member

4) [​IMG]
    5) [​IMG]
    6) [​IMG]
    7) [​IMG]

3. Qwerty

Qwerty Member

8) [​IMG]
    9) [​IMG]
    10) [​IMG]
    11) [​IMG]

4. Qwerty

Qwerty Member

12) [​IMG]
    13) [​IMG]
    14) [​IMG]
    15) [​IMG]

5. Qwerty

Qwerty Member

16) [​IMG]
    17) [​IMG]
    18) [​IMG]
    19) [​IMG]

6. Qwerty

Qwerty Member

20) [​IMG]
    21) [​IMG]
    22) [​IMG]
    23) [​IMG]

7. Qwerty

Qwerty Member

24) [​IMG]
    25) [​IMG]
    26) [​IMG]
    27) [​IMG]

8. Qwerty

Qwerty Member

28) [​IMG]
    29) [​IMG]
    30) [​IMG]
    31) [​IMG]

9. Qwerty

Qwerty Member

32) [​IMG]
    33) [​IMG]
    34) [​IMG]

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I actually wanted to keep this to myself but you dont need any objects to get ontop of an BE armory, im not gonna say how since when you try it out a few times youll find out how

also the pics look very cool, but its already known

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  11. dizzyone

here is also something that reminded me of #31

[​IMG]

12. jambo

jambo Member

26 - 27 , ahh yes , i know that one , lol - i'v allways wonderd whether i could get the cv on top of the vf , attempts with a jeep failed as it flips onto its back.
    would be a neat place to hide the cv if the enemy had destroyed the base.
    hay , now that i think about it , get an apc down there , to reaspawn
    that'll relly confound the enemy.

13. Qwerty

Qwerty Member

Meh, I don't think objects or water is needed for any one of them to get on top.

Also an update for falling inside the Vehicle Factory - you can get out without boosting or alternated gravity, well for one side as far as I know. It's the right side (if you are looking at the bay where vehicles come out); you must move towards the ramp if your stuck on that side and jump around the crates to slip past the wall, and finally out. Haven't bothered trying the other side. ;o

14. dizzyone

you can walk in it from there aswell :|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.