Budgeting

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by J_4mes., Apr 5, 2008.

1. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

that is exactly what the comm does all the way through the match placing buildings here, re-replacing them once they are destroyed, turrets, research. you name it, it has to be repetitive
    [apologies for double post]

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Ok so if I understand correctly, you think the commander's chore is all around repetitive and therefore it makes sense to make it more repetitive by havnig to adjust percentages everytime you do something repetitive like rebuilding, researching etc? Yes the things you just mentioned cost money and spending money is the main reason why you would want to re adjust the percentage.
    I would say that you have just shot down your own suggestion.

3. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

hardly, at the end of the day if people think its too much of a chore, they dont use it -- simple as. But i can still see the benefits

4. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

Maybe give the commander simply the ability to queue buildings and research via a special queue function with its own sidewindow, so when they don't have enough resources, he just sets a priority and it just waits until there's enough money and automatically adjusts the allowed vehicle prices per player to the income and research/build priority... from 0 resources up to higher ammounts, dependant on how high the priority is and how fast resources would rise.

High Priority would turn off all VFs, turret upgrading and focus all the income on the building/research... once it's done it researches automatically, or plays a sound like "Building Ready" with the queue sidewindow opening and the selected item blinking, clicking it will allow him to place it, after that the next item in queue is researched.

Or better just allow to queue one item, otherwise comms would create a long queue of reasearches and go off to do something else until they're all finished :|

Or just allow him to secure a certain ammout of resources for himself... kind of like a bank, but there should be a vote option near the kick commander vote to release these stored resources if the feature is being griefed.

5. Vaun

Vaun Member

I like the que option, but the comm could always use an ammount rather than percent, like making it save up to a certain percent and not let it go under, like you set it to 1000, and it keeps saving till 1000, and after that it wont go less than 1000, unless the comm uses it, so its like a private-to-comm resource pool.