Brush based com lock.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by urethra franklin, Feb 10, 2015.

1. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

I don't make maps but it seems like it would be somewhat straightforward to have timed clip brushes that only affect the cv instead of the current 60 second boring lockout, this could prevent griff while still allowing coms to drive around and be useful in the early game.

Obviously it would require remapping but I feel like you could have a serverside script that checks if the brush is in the map and if there is no com clip it could use the current timer lock.

2. complete_

complete_ lamer

you want more invisible walls?

3. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

A no build block around the cv against people dropping radars in front of it, sure.
    But a cv-blocking filter for 60 seconds, so he can still drive around doing what?

4. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

Just so the com isn't sitting at spawn being (semi ) useless.

Also ideally the walls would be placed somewhat far out from spawn (like 25-40% if we're talking about a linear path.) so they can grab a ref or just drive around because you're generally just sitting there waiting to unlock.

Like on slaughtered you could drive up maybe to just before the bridge and grab the early ref so your team can focus on s-bend

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I firmly believe that the current solution of emergency lock is much more elegant.

That being said, this forum needed more urethra franklin.