Brenodi P50 SMG Replacement

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Carrigage, May 31, 2006.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

ok, your remake looks really nice, :D

its a really great gun, if it is not brought in officcially, then i want it as a minimod :D

2. theBlind

theBlind Member

Make the barrel a bit longer, extend the magazine to the shoulder-pad (broaden it as well to accomondate for longer rifle cartriges) and call it a rifle.

Make another version with a very short barrel, extending some 1-2 cm from the mainframes front with the current magazine, shorten the shoulder support by 2 or 3 centimeters and call it a submachinegun :)
    If you want a red-dot sight, you'll have to make the sight shorter. Right now it looks like a 4x scope, red-dot sights are only 3-4 centimeters long at most.

3. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

No, I will not make it into a rifle.

Second, that Red-dot sight is modelled perfectly after the Red-dot sight im holding in my hand right now. :P

4. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

You're thinking Reflex/EOtech Sights like the one on HL2's Mp7/SMG.

5. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

How do you load it?

-Sheepe

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

its a bit sad that the red dot thingy takes up so mutch of the screen

7. Atlas

Atlas Member

Make the red dot thing smaller, it kinda looks out of proportion, and think about it, we're in the future the sight would be smaller now right?

Btw, everything else looks damned awesome.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

mygoodnes, god coud not have sayd it better

9. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

The thing is, they are large so you can a good range of view while having a good target. The thing is see through for the most part except for the outer covering.
    [​IMG]
    Orange lenses.
    [​IMG]
    Through the scope. It does limit your view, but not as much as an accual Scope.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

arnt those things for rifles in stead of smg's?

but anyway

maybe you can tilt it? like this

[​IMG]

so it wont take so mutch of your screen

11. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

They are for any fire arm. Some sport shootters accually put them of pistols.

But yeah, tilting it would be good, it'd really have a good point for BE's professionalism having tilting scope mounts for easier use.

12. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

It's like Lock'N'Load said, they are big to provide good sight.

And I tested adding a prototype rail for changing the Sight tilt position to allow better view of the battlefield when not using it, or for when you need a more comfortable position when using it.

[​IMG]

13. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

The magazine is the Orangy Part. Near the end towards the butt stock is a buldge. You squeeze/pull the magazine release that is around that buldge on the magazine well. Pull up and slide back, magazine is out. Then just reverse the process and it's reloaded. The bullets go in under the buldge with a turning feed port.
    Google "P90" and you'll find a more clearer explaniation most likely. Or play CS:S and use the P90.

EDIT: Lol, Carriage messed up a bit and put the sighting/mounting rail on with a cross bar that is on the magazine. He has the iron sights there, looks nice, but it does block the magazine.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  14. Mydarbin

Mydarbin Member

Fool, that magazine is has a material replicator, building bullets within itself, hence you never need to removve the magazine.... er... wait... youre right. I was thinking of the p5000, not the p50

15. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

Lol.... P5000 :P

Actually, I noticed that... But maybe the Ironsight is attached to the Clip!? EH EH EH!? I mean, you dont need the ironsight if you dont have a clip, right?

So it makes sense! Yes... Sense...

*Disappears in a cloud of dark smoke*

16. Mydarbin

Mydarbin Member

You COULD make the magazine actually slide in from the front rather than the top..

17. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

That would be such a pain in the ass to reload, especially in cramped conditions. Considering the way the ammunition is aligned with the gun at the end of the clip in the P90, as well, it would end up being non-bullpup.

18. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

I tested modelling arms and attached them to the weapon.

The picture fails in showing how much space it'd take up, seeing as I added a Crosshair to demonstrate how it'd look, but it could be made smaller by putting the crosshair further away.

[​IMG]

19. Sebybeby

Sebybeby Member

A couple of tips with the hands you have done.

The fingertips you have going to a point as triangles, this is very bad as it destroys any edge flow. It also leaves a nasty glitches when you smooth your normals.

Across the rest of the hand make sure that the topology follows the lines of deformation when rigged.

Personally I like to avoid using any triangles at all in organic modelling. This is because they end edge loops, so when you subdivide glitches sometimes appear and your mesh starts getting messy. Only really relevant if your going to higher detail levels for normal maps or non game related animation.

Guns looking good, get it textured up and it could really nice.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  20. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

Whoa... Carrigage... That is just a bit scary looking.
    You have the weapon on the right side of the screen, but the hands and the tilted scope mount are for the left side. Just something that I think should be fixed, but think about it, does that look fun to hold like that? But the way you have it held is perfecct for the left handed model, just the crosshair is on the wrong side.

Now that I think about it, the profile of it on screen compared to what it would be might be a good trade off, but honestly, I'd rather have a nice looking weapon in my hand even if the sight on it did block some of my vision, maybe since it is going to be a Red Dot, you could have it akwardy put so you could see it through it and make it just an odd ring taken out and the rest woulld just be the sight.

But this magazine problem is troubleing... The way the P90 did it was not have iron sights but have a 1.5x Day/Night sight mounted onto the rail system and just have a wide opening so the magazine was easily accessed.