blizzerd gunscripts 0.3

Discussion in 'Coding' started by blizzerd, Dec 30, 2009.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

you rambo person

i certainly cant, and i've had the luck to hold and fire some assault rifles and hunting rifles in my life

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Interesting argument. I like how it's not really taken into account that an 8 year old can use an ak...

Why not balance for damage? That's how the old 2.12 scripts were - rifles had more damage and more range than smgs, but were not as sprayable as them. In Empires smg's should be felt at 100m and low damaged at 200m, but not be able to hit anything while moving. Rifles should be effective up to 300m and should recover accuracy faster at the longer ranges. Smg's should outdo rifles at 10m or so. Pistols could be accurate to 100m, but after that have falloff kick in and do not much at all.

How does that sound?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  3. Empty

Empty Member

smgs are designed to be used when moving, and compact rifles (NFAR) would be good while moving too.

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Sorry I meant...at the high ranges they can't hit anything while moving.

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

they can, but they sure as hell cant use it to fire accurately, lore like a "spray and kill" type of way

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

do not discuss with blizzerd, it makes no sense ...

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i tried your methods and said they did not work as you intend to, i then challenged you to come up with an example yourself

you have not yet provided an example, i doubt you even tried

why are you still here spamming my thread with these nonsense? if i am so wrong and stubbernheaded, then why cant you just prove me wrong?

also find an 8 year old that can fire a kalashnikov shoulder mounted at 20 meters distance from this kind of target

http://www.thaumaturgy.net/~etgold/images/snugs/54-hawken-target1-small.jpg

in the bullseye without hurting himself

he has 10 seconds to fire and can fire as many rounds as he wants

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It was just a tiny point I was making, that if a child can fire the gun, surely a trained adult can fire the gun well? I just kinda liked to bandy that point abit.

No need to get hot and flustered again, though it does suit you ^^

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i am an adult and i cant do it with my m4

and an m4 is light compared to a kalashnikov

if you can, then prove it to me and i will admit my defeat

10. Empty

Empty Member

I don't care how it works in real life, I want guns that play well.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

have you tried the scripts now?

i made it so i can host a server if needed for svn

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I fear you have me outclassed...

13. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

holy shit are you serious? 20 meters with a rifle?

i can put a full magazine (15 rounds) of .40s&w fired from a Glock 22 standing unuspported into a 2.5 inch diameter circle @ 25 yards in under 30 seconds. that means that if i'm shooting a man-sized stationary target at 100 meters (10 inch pattern), i'm going to hit almost 100% of the time, standing, unsupported, with a pistol. you have to be kidding me with this rifle shit.

it only took me a couple months of shooting (about 2000 rounds fired) to get to that point, and this is a fucking pistol. i would hope that any sort of serious military organization would expect their soldiers to be able to shoot much better than that with a rifle.

as far as rifles go i don't ever remember a point in my life that i couldn't shoot something the size of a coke can from 100 yards away, and now i'm pretty sure i could do it without thinking twice, standing or otherwise.

also, ak-47's don't have that much of a kick. the gun might be heavy and unwieldy for a child but the recoil wouldn't be a problem.

Edit: A note on falloff. Falloff is actually a pretty realistic game mechanic. Kinetic energy can be thought of as the best measure of killing power for a weapon. a typical .45 ACP round fired from a pistol has already seen a 20% reduction in its kinetic energy at the distance of 50 yards. The speed at which bullets lose their velocity (and hence, kinetic energy) is based primarily on the bullet's ballistic coefficient, which is basically a measure of its density and aerodynamic properties. Obviously .45 ACP rounds have a crappy ballistic coefficient (BC), and rifles would be expected to have a better BC, but nonetheless this example shows that at least pistols would be subject to falloff at distances of 50 yards or less.

I had to pull some numbers off the web. I had a much more extensive set of diagrams in my reloading manuals but they are all unavailable right now. sauce

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010