BIO effect and vehicle restriction (2 separate suggestions)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Deadpool, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

OK so two suggestions:

1. make the repair pad stop the bio effect, repair pads are useless when you're bio'd.

2. give the comm a menu to define the # of tanks of each type that the team can build,

example (0 = unlimited)

jeeps = 2
    light = 0
    med = 0
    heavy = 0
    arty = 2

2. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

I don't know about 1. It might be in place so you need a engineer with you.

I disagree with number 2. Vehicle limits should be set by the server. If you want to control vehicle creation, lock vf and build it yourself.

3. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

This will result into bio becomes even more useless and tanks camping on repair pad.

The second suggestion was already discussed in many threads. Maybe the developers will care about the VF and VF creation in 2.25.

And build vehicles as commander is not the best solution. When you have many vf and the tanks die often then you have much stress to build new tanks. Also not every player likes the same weapon layout and key assignment.

4. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

Locking the vf is for two things only:
    1 - saving resources
    2 - building a mass of a certain vehicle for a rush right then and there

Locking the vf in order to manage the vehicle park is a suggestion made only by people that don't play commander. Come on, think for a second, you can't even see what kind of vehicle is out there without going over the entire battlefield and counting them manually.

Anyway, a new interface is badly needed both for comm and soldiers. I've died way too many times to having the class select window up when being revived and pressing escape furiously in order to respond to the bullets whizzing around my ears, but the window only closes if you hit the tiny little 'x' in the upper left or the 'class select' key again.

5. Alceister

Alceister Member

Here's another idea: comm can lock certain vehicles from being created or certain people from creating vehicles.

6. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

This will be great. Commander must not fight against enemies but also against own furious team members who wants a tank right now!
    Good that players can be muted. Also a nice feature to prevent new players to enjoy empires.

A "first come first get tank" system is also needed. I hate camping at vf and wait for ressources just to see that someone bought a paper tank. The same with the max tank limit.

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I think Deadpools suggestion is pretty good actually. Usually people just say "let us be able to restrict different vehicles"...and I don't believe in a commander managing who gets a vehicle.

With Deadpools suggestion, you kill two birds with one stone. You get to limit what types of vehicles get built and you get to limit how many. If you still want a jeep to be built occasionally, or only a couple of arties on the field, or no one to get mediums yet...it's all doable. I must say though, that that's just a front-end solution, it still needs to be coded, obviously.

8. Alceister

Alceister Member

So then, what is commander supposed to be but a figurehead with little actual control over what his team does? I find that the job consists of telling people things, but not giving actual orders, because they generally won't listen.

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I would concur with the vehicle suggestion, especially for arties because you don't need more than two normally but people don't listen.

As long as you make it so that the vehicle limits are shown somewhere so people know what they can and can't build that'd be grand.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i once suggested a very elaborate idea concerning the commander "ordering" chassis so tht players that wanted to spawn a tank of that type of chassis only had to pay for the weapons engine and armor (so it was cheaper for a player if he bought a tank that had been ordered by the commander, thus with low resources it would be easier to build that type of tank)

11. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

yeah i know it's been suggested before, i just wanted to throw it out there again, i know the devs are listening (sometimes :) )

as for the bio on the repair pads, you still have to run away from the fight, and thats enough of a penalty imo. it's just frustrating and counterintuitive (especially for new players) that a repair pad wont... repair.

12. o_O

o_O Member

Repair pads not repairing is annoying.

Also, SOME kind of better vehicle restriction has always been needed. Locking the VF and manually building just doesn't cut it.

13. Alceister

Alceister Member

How hard is it, to implement a command, that allows commanders to lock specific idiots, who keep making vehicles, and driving them into oblivion?