best game evar (until Nov 30)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mr_quackums, Nov 19, 2007.

1. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

i didn't buy an anvil at the beginning. Am I stuck in the stone age until some random merchant decides to ship me one? WTF DO I DO!?

HELP I NEED SWORDS DAMN IT

edit:
    nevermind. after a rather... problematic... failure involving a misunderstanding of doors, channel/water-wells, major river tributaries, and the fluid dynamics involved in the game, I managed to... 'wash' my fortress. Under about 200 tons of water. Very thoroughly. XD

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

lmao this sounds awesome i'm getting this :D

3. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

'z' opens a status screen which shows you the date, season, and inventory of all items in stockpiles (assuming you have anyone with counting skills, at 0 you get ??? and at each rank up it estimates less and less... i think its how it works)

what FPS are yal getting (you can turn the option on in the something.ini)? im hanging out at 20-30 which makes it sooooo slow. i have actually stoped playing until i can figure out how to get a gain without breaking the game.

4. The Buttery Lobster

you and me both, quackums-- i guess optimization isn't high on the to-do list (well, it IS alpha) because my computer can barely do ANYTHING else when i play it- it barely runs winamp.

BUT it's still fun even if i can't play music. Two years here and I got attacked by a fucking Titan- I had my entire fortress attack it and only lost 2 guys and 2 dogs.

5. The Buttery Lobster

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump!

I havent played dwarf fortress since that last post above, and i p[robably wont dick around with it atm, BUT.

For anyone who actually IS playing it, I found a decent graphics pack that makes staring at those little @ signs much more bearable.

At last, my dwarfs resemble actual humanoids!

http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/~mayday/df.htm

holy shit, necro much? It's been..... 7 months? :o

well... whatever. off topic ftw.

6. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Necro moar?

Anyway, my fort was attacked by a dragon today.

It tried to firebreathe a kitten (and missed) and then got shot and killed by a merchant.

I expected more of it.

Now I need to find a way to purge some dwarfs. I have over 200 and most of them are attending parties 24/7. I guess I'll fill up the guards.

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

it took me 21 seconds to compile the level